Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Korg has terrible tech support - example

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Minneapolis Musician

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2015 4:57 pm    Post subject: Korg has terrible tech support - example Reply with quote

Imagine trying to solve a technical problem through email only, where it takes 2-3 *business days* between replies.

That's Korg's "customer service."

1) You cannot talk to a technician. You have to send an email.

2) If you send your question on a Thursday, they may not even reply until the next week on Tuesday!

3) When their email back to you arrives, it might say, "Have you read the manual? Look at page X"

4) So you reply "I did read the manual, this seems to be a defect."

5) In another 2 to 5 days, their reply comes: "Did you make a mistake and not do X or Y"?

This could take weeks at this snail speed. Sad

Clearly, they need to have a person you can TALK to. If your issue is covered in the manual, they need to tell you the pages and that's it.

They should not have to give personal training over the phone. You have to read the manual.

BUT if your issue is not covered, they need to help you as you sit at your keyboard.

AND, if your unit is defective, they need to help you get it fixed or replaced as soon as possible.

I understand that many people fail to read or understand the manual on something as complex as the PA series arrangers. But they need to let you talk to a person to determine that.

PA4x harmonies, Beach Boys song: https://youtu.be/3drsnU6j8Po?t=3m25s

All songs: http://www.reverbnation.com/GlennGalen
Nemik
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2015 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love Korg, but I hate Korg USA Corporation customer service !!!
Wasting time try to work something right with them.
Fl Studio 12, Ableton Live 10 Suite.
Performers Heaven
Salto

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2015 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love my Korg Boards, but I am with you on this. I wouldn't start this thread but it is true.

Their support is non-existent for my purposes. I can't even consider calling them, because I need answers now....Not in a few days.....

I am guessing they just get slammed with calls and it is too overwhelming to staff to handle the glut of calls..

Wish I could do that with my clients. Get paid and then never have to deal with them again...........

www.stevealtonian.com

Korg PA 4X 76-Korg Triton Extreme-Breedlove American C25-Fishman Artist Acoustic Guitar Amp-Tascam DP 24 Digital Multitrack
Minneapolis Musician

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2015 10:04 pm    Post subject: Korg lack of real support Reply with quote

I, too, own a business. It's a software business. When my corporate clients call with a problem, they have my cell phone number. I get it fixed ASAP.

I hear from a distributor that Korg customer support was expensive because people would not read the manuals and expect personalized training over the phone.

I get that.

But they NEED to have a way to screen calls, and deal with real issues involving hardware and software glitches.

How is the competition on customer support, I wonder? Yamaha, Keytron, Roland?

PA4x harmonies, Beach Boys song: https://youtu.be/3drsnU6j8Po?t=3m25s

All songs: http://www.reverbnation.com/GlennGalen

Last edited by Minneapolis Musician on Thu Dec 17, 2015 10:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Sam CA
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2015 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Once upon a time, they did have a limited phone support in the US. Even then, I had trouble getting a basic problem solved, but at least you were talking to a human in real time. They dropped the phone support last year I think. I say "limited support" as for anything technical they wanted you to write to Korg Italy. So my Guitar Mode question was answered that way. In other words, it wasn't a very useful service the way it was set up. It was just there to handle very general issues and stuff.

robkeith

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2015 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sam CA wrote:
Once upon a time, they did have a limited phone support in the US. Even then, I had trouble getting a basic problem solved, but at least you were talking to a human in real time. They dropped the phone support last year I think. I say "limited support" as for anything technical they wanted you to write to Korg Italy. So my Guitar Mode question was answered that way. In other words, it wasn't a very useful service the way it was set up. It was just there to handle very general issues and stuff.

Don't think it's as bad here in Australia. The distributor Music Link subs out faults and repairs to local fixers who are quite decent to talk to and get a handle on it, whatever it may be.

Best thing is to complain to dealers they are the ones if anything is going to change that can make it happen. Unfortunately consumers unless the put a moratorium on purchases wont be able to get those changes alone.
Sam CA
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2015 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

robkeith wrote:

Don't think it's as bad here in Australia. The distributor Music Link subs out faults and repairs to local fixers who are quite decent to talk to and get a handle on it, whatever it may be.

Best thing is to complain to dealers they are the ones if anything is going to change that can make it happen. Unfortunately consumers unless the put a moratorium on purchases wont be able to get those changes alone.

Yeah, but in my case I wasn't looking for repair. It was just a DAW/Guitar mode question. I think even you guys in Australia wouldn't get an answer for something like this from your local distributors. I don' t really miss the phone support as it was never a useful way to get "real support". For repairs, there's always local authorized service centers around here.

DonM
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2015 4:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Korg lack of real support Reply with quote

Minneapolis Musician wrote:
I, too, own a business. It's a software business. When my corporate clients call with a problem, they have my cell phone number. I get it fixed ASAP.

I hear from a distributor that Korg customer support was expensive because people would not read the manuals and expect personalized training over the phone.

I get that.

But they NEED to have a way to screen calls, and deal with real issues involving hardware and software glitches.

How is the competition on customer support, I wonder? Yamaha, Keytron, Roland?

Yamaha support is really good. Ketron support is one man in the US, AJ. If he can't fix it, you are in deep trouble, because Ketron Italy is almost impossible to reach. Haven't tried Roland recently, but they have had a huge shakeup in operations, so I wouldn't expect much right now.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa4X All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: