Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

1 or 2 tips/tricks of the trade for newbie to Arrangers

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Salto

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2016 5:27 pm    Post subject: 1 or 2 tips/tricks of the trade for newbie to Arrangers Reply with quote

Hi all....

1st time arranger owner, Pa4X....Fairly accomplished overall semi-professional/professional musician who is looking to get insight sooner rather than later on capabilities and usage of my arranger for worship services and other engagements as well. I am looking for your best advice/tips & tricks on what I should be doing with this board.

Eg. If on acoustic guitar at an early age if I KNEW I could tune down a whole step & Capo up life would have been so much easier playing in "F" as a young man....

There is a wealth of knowledge here from seasoned live OMB entertainers here that I want your best tip or two that you "wish you knew" when you first started playing live....

Such as what to assign to foot pedals? How do you get no drums to play in the beginning of a style while everything else is? To split, or not to split? Memory function when to use, when not to? How do you use 2 or even 3 styles together in a single performance, and how do you set it up? How & why I should set up "Registrations" (Yamaha) & "Performance" (Korg)?

Anything about an arranger in today's musical arranger climate you would impart to me if I was sitting on a keyboard bench with you.

Though I use the PA series, others please chime in.....please. Though I do mostly worship I am really interested in how the veteran performers go about their craft. Whatever your venue...

Yes.....I am asking for your secrets that separate you from the pack.....

So, if we were together in my studio sitting in front of my board, and you could give me a couple of "must-have" arranger techniques, what would it be ???

www.stevealtonian.com

Korg PA 4X 76-Korg Triton Extreme-Breedlove American C25-Fishman Artist Acoustic Guitar Amp-Tascam DP 24 Digital Multitrack
Minneapolis Musician

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2016 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Think of pads as additional styles.

Try using pads only, sometimes with drums, for sections of songs.

Edit an existing pad to use a different sound source and save it into your Pad user area.

Use endings in the middle of a song for variety...then don't end, go back to another variation

Same for intros, drop them after a bridge for a lead-in back to a verse.

Use extended Breaks...holding it causes it to latch and keep doing a break. Hit it again to unlatch it.

Also try latching intros and soloing with it. Maybe endings, too. Experiment.

PA4x harmonies, Beach Boys song: https://youtu.be/3drsnU6j8Po?t=3m25s

All songs: http://www.reverbnation.com/GlennGalen
Salto

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2016 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Minneapolis Musician wrote:
Think of pads as additional styles.

Try using pads only, sometimes with drums, for sections of songs.

Edit an existing pad to use a different sound source and save it into your Pad user area.

Use endings in the middle of a song for variety...then don't end, go back to another variation

Same for intros, drop them after a bridge for a lead-in back to a verse.

Use extended Breaks...holding it causes it to latch and keep doing a break. Hit it again to unlatch it.

Also try latching intros and soloing with it. Maybe endings, too. Experiment.

Those are exactly the type of tips I'm looking for....

Thank you for taking the time to share........

www.stevealtonian.com

Korg PA 4X 76-Korg Triton Extreme-Breedlove American C25-Fishman Artist Acoustic Guitar Amp-Tascam DP 24 Digital Multitrack

Last edited by Salto on Fri Jan 01, 2016 11:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Nemik
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2016 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

check this topic :
http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=92612
Is some tips and tricks you can learn from. Wink
Fl Studio 21, Ableton Live 10 Suite.
Korg Pa5x Sounds at Performers Heaven
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa4X All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: