Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

OASYS Keys Generating weird sounds or not responding

View previous topic :: View next topic  
vimalbahuguna

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2016 1:43 pm    Post subject: OASYS Keys Generating weird sounds or not responding Reply with quote

Hi,
I am Vimal, owing an OASYS-88. Shifted from metros to a remote Himalaya Village with my OASYS and some music gears and started a spiritual and meditation center. From couple of months I am facing a problem with OASYS that- OASYS is booting properly, every button is working perfectly, PADS are working properly, Sequencer load recorded songs,if you trigger Karma from pads, its triggering, but while pressing keys of Keyboard, there is no sound, or for some combis or progams its generating wearied sound.
I had reinstalled the OS- upto 1.3.3a, but problem is the same.
Being so remote area, I am not able to take OASYS to service center, which is with Furtados Mumbai INDIA.
If any one can suggest, Will be grateful.

Thanks & regards.

Vimal
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2016 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is worth taking off the bottom cover and re-seating the connectors between the keyboard and the main board. The contacts may have deteriorated as a result of vibrations during transportation.

B. Townley

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2016 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would first check your settings.
Click 'Global' on the top panel, them check the 'MIDI' tab and ensure that the 'Local Control On' box is checked in the top section - MIDI Setup/ Basic.
StephenKay
KARMA Developer
Approved Merchant
KARMA Developer<br>Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2016 4:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

B. Townley wrote:
I would first check your settings.
Click 'Global' on the top panel, them check the 'MIDI' tab and ensure that the 'Local Control On' box is checked in the top section - MIDI Setup/ Basic.

Always a good idea. Wink But in this case, if Local Control was off, the Pads wouldn't work, either - but he says the pads work.

vimalbahuguna

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2016 2:14 pm    Post subject: OASYS Keys Generating weird sounds or not responding Reply with quote

Friends
When pressing keys of OASYS, there is no sound or sometime a static sound for some program /combis.

On Changing combi and programs, and pressing any pad sound is very clear and default, and karma functionality id working fine.

Sometime pressing keys of keyboard produce, very low sounds without any scale (Random notes) with sustain or no sound, some times trigger karma module by pressing the keys.

As earlier I was in Delhi, it was easy to port keyboard to service center, now being in remote area, where any thing need to take at my place is a hilly and sloppy foot walk, no transport to door, it is cumbersome to transport such keyboard outside from place.

I also tried reconnect the possible connector by opening the panel. Midi Global settings are local control on.

Thanks for your help in advance.

Regards
Vimal
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Oasys All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: