Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Korg Minilogue 4 voice poly analog ....
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jimknopf
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2016 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They are fast and good at Korg:

http://www.korg.com/us/products/synthesizers/minilogue/index.php
KingofKorg

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2016 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice little overview vid with Luke from Korg UK

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bqnzgkVmGXA
BasariStudios
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2016 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No SineWave no AT, no BEST synth...those 2 things drop it down to the beginning for me.
EvilDragon
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2016 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sine wave is extremely hard to design as an analog oscillator when you start with a triangle or a sawtooth oscillator core (and VCO designs always start with either a sawtooth or a triangle core, then get other waveforms by waveshaping). You should know that, since you seem to lack knowledge on how analog circuits work. It's not impossible, but it would raise the price point and then Minilogue wouldn't be $500 for 4 voices anymore.

So, filter the triangle wave of self-osc the filter. There's your sinewave. Remap aftertouch via MIDI IN to one of CCs to modulate the parameter you want. There's your AT. Easy solutions, but somebody will always find something to bitch about, I guess.
DodgingRain

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2016 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BasariStudios wrote:
No SineWave no AT, no BEST synth...those 2 things drop it down to the beginning for me.

Its an analog synth not an edm softsynth, lol.
Akos Janca
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2016 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Documentation is fresh, Owner’s Manual is created yesterday morning. Few observations.

Mono output and input.

Clever little shortcuts, like SHIFT+PLAY for loading panel information, SHIFT+Program knob for faster browsing.

You have to make a Global setting to choose if you want the Program name&number or the waveform on the display. It’s not clear what happens in oscilloscope mode when you change a program – will it show the program names temporarily?

An interesting sentence (p49): “When the minilogue’s sound generator is not making any sound, auto-tuning occurs AUTOMATICALLY…”. Does it mean that when the synth gets out-of-tune it will start the auto-tuning by itself and cuts the sound? The duration of auto-tuning is not mentioned.

No joystick (but Slider), so bending & modulating together is not possible.
aron
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2016 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

> No SineWave no AT, no BEST synth

hahahaha. What does it take to impress anyone now?

This is a killer synth for the price! Play my Sequential Pro one, OB-1, Arp Odyssey or Micromoog and remember what real analog is or sounds like.
rsaintjohn

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2016 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BasariStudios wrote:

How to make a sine wave with the minilogue, from the designer himself (see the 2:00 mark on this YouTube video)
Jan1
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2016 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to say that the Minilogue is the most exciting news for me up to now.
I did not expect to be so enthusiastic about another budget analog, but what I have heard and seen so far really makes me want to have this synth and spend time making my own sounds.
And even at that price it's polyphonic!
Akos Janca
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2016 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I like that video with chief engineer Tatsuya Takahashi.

In mono Voice mode you can add sub oscillators.

Motion Sequencing is cool.

Based on the videos so far, it’s not clear for me where is the oscillator in the signal path, maybe not at the very end (what you see is what you hear)?
Bertotti
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2016 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The more I read, the more I hear, the more I would really like one.
Very Happy
seanL

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2016 2:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Me too....

Shades of the Mono/Poly but with program memory.....yaaaayyyy

Interesting.

I think I'm gonna grab one. Great price.
M3, Radias R, Kurzweil PC3LE, EMU Proteus 1000, EMU Proteus 2000 (three of 'em) EMU Proteus 2500, , Alesis QS6, Alesis QS7.1 (2 of them, 'cause I use them as midi controllers and I prefer their keyboard action), MPK 61, love the buttons / sliders etc but not liking the action. Wavestation A/D. Core i7 PC, 32 GB ram, 500 GB SSD, Presonus Studio One 2 Pro, VST's Pianoteq, Alchemy
Bertotti
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2016 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am wondering, since seeing Sweetwater advertise them, then sell out, has anyone here gotten hands on yet? For 500 bucks I will get one but I doubt it will still deter me form a sub 37 or Analog Keys, just delay things a bit! hahahahaha
Akos Janca
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2016 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the synth but I have a thought:

To quickly recall a preset there is a shortcut: SHIFT + a Voice Mode button. I think during a performance this is not the easiest nor the safest solution.

You have to concentrate on 2 buttons (instead of one as usual). The SHIFT is alone (it's OK) but the other one is in a row. The buttons are not big and they are also touching each other in the row. Therefore it might make it harder to hit the right button and not the neighbouring one.

The SHIFT and the Voice Mode buttons are a bit far and in a kind of diagonal position, therefore if you want to do it with one hand, most probably you would use your 1st/2nd and 4th/5th finger to push them together.

Also, these buttons are on the right side, so it is not easy to make the selection with your left hand.

Think about a performance situation when your both hands are working, on different instruments, and your Minilogue-solo is coming, and you have only 1–2 seconds to change the preset... So, hit 2 far buttons with 2 fingers on one hand, but with the left hand it's not comfortable, with the right hand it's even more risky, because you have to be very quick, precise and accurate, then start the solo immediately.

I hope I'm just exaggerating. Very Happy I'm not saying this might happen all the time, but I think it's a typical situation when you should concentrate on playing the music with all your focus (= as much as possible) instead of the interface. We have to get used to this new method of preset selection.
EvilDragon
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2016 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's just for favourite patches. For your live performance, you'd probably order the patches how you want them, then just use up/down...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Latest News All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 6 of 12

Jump to: