Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Pa4x Upper 3 Sound

View previous topic :: View next topic  
whcanetoad

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2015 9:36 pm    Post subject: Pa4x Upper 3 Sound Reply with quote

I've noticed that in several Style settings on my Pa4x, my Upper 3 (right hand) sound either isn't working at all or sounds "funny" (like the sound is "underwater" or something)...anyone else having this problem?
Thoraldus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2015 1:44 am    Post subject: Re: Pa4x Upper 3 Sound Reply with quote

whcanetoad wrote:
I've noticed that in several Style settings on my Pa4x, my Upper 3 (right hand) sound either isn't working at all or sounds "funny" (like the sound is "underwater" or something)...anyone else having this problem?

Have you installed any 3rd party SETs? Is the Upper 3 sound a USER sound?

Johann Sebastian Bach

----------------------------------------------
Rick Stirling - Retired Electrical Engineer - Erstwhile Photographer
Korg Kronos2, Casio MZ-X500, PA600, AKAI MPD32, M-Audio Oxygen 25, ZOOM H6, Cakewalk Sonar
mintjamman
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2015 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mine works fine it must be a effects setting or something
Yamaha S90ES, Korg Triton Pro, EXB Moss, Roland XV5080, Korg EX8000, Korg Pa4x 76, Korg Kronos 88, Crumar MOJO, Logic Pro X, V Collection, Novation SL61,Vienna, Korg Pa4x , EC-5, Vienna, Arturia V Collection, Roland SC88 Pro, Roland D110, Alesis SR16, Alesis D4
whcanetoad

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2015 11:23 pm    Post subject: Pa4x Upper 3 Sound Reply with quote

Thoraldus

No, I haven't downloaded anything, and it's not related to a User sound...when it didn't work at all, I was trying various Factory sounds...the "underwater" sound was noticed when I tried to set the Upper 3 voice to a Harpsichord sound...I'll try to be more specific regarding which Style is in use when this occurs when I get back from vacation after Jan 3rd...thanks, and Happy New Year!
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2015 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thoraldus wrote:
Have you installed any 3rd party SETs?

My question is - is this happening on factory or Korg supplied styles (e.g. the Style volumes 1-24)?
Also - is it happening on every style?
If so then your problem is more serious.
If not, then it will most likely relate to the STYLE you are using.

Cheers

Pete Very Happy
...and play lots of music Very Happy
------------------------------------------------------------------
Jonyblues

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2015 8:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Pa4x Upper 3 Sound Reply with quote

whcanetoad wrote:

Hi whcanetoad, I haven't investigated it recently but I do remember noticing a similar issue, to what you described, on various factory styles too.
When I noticed the issue, I assumed that the styles had been poorly programmed and that for some strange reason the volumes of certain upper sounds were left at approximately 5%.

At the time, I thought that maybe some of those sounds were at minimum volume levels due to the fact that they were being used as a subtle sound element which was primarily there to add an effect/subtle element to a main sound (i.e. upper 1 and or 2). However, I did notice that quite a few of these sounds didn't appear to have this purpose, so couldn't work out why they were so quite. In summary, I haven't done any detailed investigation into this phenomenon but can definitely confirm that I've noticed it too. I'll look in more detail, when I'm next on the keyboard.
P.s. One of the first thing to try is to adjust the volume of the upper 3 part, so that you can tell if it's purely a poor volume programming issue rather than a keyboard fault. Best, Jon
whcanetoad

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2015 10:17 pm    Post subject: Pa4x Upper 3 Sound Reply with quote

Jon

I don't think it's a volume setting; I moved the volume slider for the Upper 3 Sound all the way up with no effect...unless it's another volume setting that isn't affected by the slider control, I think I can rule that out...I wondered if it had anything to do with overcrowding the board's capacity for playing Sounds simultaneously, particularly certain full sounds...really in the dark on this...I don't recall this happening on the Pa3x I used to have...

And, no, Pete, I haven't downloaded any 3rd party Sets or anything else, for that matter...maybe the new software 1.1.1 update will fix the problem!

Thanks again, guys, much appreciated...
Jonyblues

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2015 6:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Pa4x Upper 3 Sound Reply with quote

whcanetoad wrote:
Jon

I don't think it's a volume setting; I moved the volume slider for the Upper 3 Sound all the way up with no effect...unless it's another volume setting that isn't affected by the slider control, I think I can rule that out...I wondered if it had anything to do with overcrowding the board's capacity for playing Sounds simultaneously, particularly certain full sounds...really in the dark on this...I don't recall this happening on the Pa3x I used to have...

And, no, Pete, I haven't downloaded any 3rd party Sets or anything else, for that matter...maybe the new software 1.1.1 update will fix the problem!

Thanks again, guys, much appreciated...

Hi whcanetoad, if you're still having a problem with upper 3 sounds, please send the name of a couple of styles (and if necessary, which set you are referring to I.e. 1-4) where you are having the problem and I'll see if I have the problem (and/or can work out what the issue is) on my pa4x. Best, Jon
whcanetoad

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2015 6:24 pm    Post subject: Pa4x Upper 3 Sound Reply with quote

Jon

Thank you...I'll do that when we get back from celebrating New Year's down in Key West...

Much appreciated,
Paolo@Korg
Korg Italy

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2016 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Whcanedtoad,

Can you record an example and let us listen to it?

Paolo
whcanetoad

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2016 3:30 am    Post subject: Pa4x Upper 3 Sound Reply with quote

Paolo

I haven't been able to find the Songbook entry that had the problem I described (no sound on Upper 3)...I'm working on creating Songbook entries for all the songs in my repertoire...if it happens again, I'll be sure to follow up...

Thanks again for your assistance,
whcanetoad

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2016 3:28 pm    Post subject: Pa4x Upper 3 Sound Reply with quote

Paolo

Ok, I finally found the Songbook entry that won't play any Upper 3 Sound! I was beginning to think I had imagined it...

I have created a Songbook entry for the song Abraham Martin and John, using the Country/Bluegrass Style (set at Variation 3, 80 bpm)...I have SteelGtrPro DNT on the Upper 1 setting, and BX3 Rock 3 Organ on the Upper 2 setting, both of which play fine...no matter what Sound I try to set to the Upper 3 setting, however, nothing plays...

I have checked and double-checked all volume settings, mute settings, range settings, etc, but still no sound will play on Upper 3...btw, it makes no difference if I mute the Sounds on the Upper 1 and/or 2 settings, the Upper 3 setting will still not play any sound...
Reuben
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2016 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a similar issue on my 3x for some time and couldn't work out what was causing it.
Turns out I inadvertently saved an easy edit setting to Upper 2.
Check out Menu, Track Controls, Easy Edit settings for Upper 3.
whcanetoad

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2016 4:01 pm    Post subject: Pa4x Upper 3 Sound Reply with quote

Reuben

The same thing happened today on another Style (Funk & Blues / Motown Style 2)...got horns on Upper 1 & 2, can't get any sound to play on Upper 3...tried your suggestion, but when I go to Menu/Track/Controls, there is no "Easy Edit" tab, just "Sound Edit"...nothing there affects the problem...

Btw, I lived in Sydney in the early 90s...one of the top five cities on the planet!

Thanks,
Paolo@Korg
Korg Italy

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2016 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

In the KSet#1 of the Bluegrass Style, the Upper 3 part has the Dry Off in the Mixer/Tuning > Volume/Pan page. Therefore, you cannot hear the direct sound. Be sure the part is not muted, and the Send level in the Mixer/Tuning > FX Send page is not set to zero.

Dry Off, and Send = 127, are usually the "fake Insert FX" type of programming. If the Send is zeroed, there is no signal at all.

Paolo
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa4X All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: