Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MicroArranger develops unpleasant effect while being played

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Arrangers (General)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Laurie2

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2016 9:55 am    Post subject: MicroArranger develops unpleasant effect while being played Reply with quote

I am delighted with the sounds and flexibility of the Microarranger. I play it mostly through MIDI coupled to my HX1.
An annoying problem which has developed is that on some registrations ( very noticeable on harmonica ) it seems to introduce an unpleasant 'wavering' effect during playing with no changes being made by me.
Has anyone noticed a similar random effect and have any idea what is producing it and more importantly how to cure it
SanderXpander
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2016 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What kind of wavering? Tempo, pitch, volume?
Laurie2

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2016 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your interest. It's not tempo, pitch or volume.
It sounds as if a special effect has been applied which almost has a 'doppler' effect. It distorts the original sound and makes it rather unpleasant.
Turn the microarranger off, then 'reboot' and it's OK for a while.
I am about to try the microarranger on its own to see if it develops the same problem as I'm not sure if it is reacting to some spurious signal sent from the HX1 via MIDI
teka

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 2:21 pm    Post subject: Re: MicroArranger develops unpleasant effect while being pla Reply with quote

Laurie2 wrote:
... it seems to introduce an unpleasant 'wavering' effect during playing

I think this is due to velocity sensing and the application of sound effects on certain types of sounds. I don't think you'll get the same effect on piano, but you will on flute, sax, and harmonica.
Laurie2

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2016 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Teka.
You are correct, it doesn't effect percussive sounds.
If anyone else experiences this problem I have found that you can stop it by pushing 'Shift' and 'Start/Stop' simultaneously. It won't stop it happening again but t least it's a partial fix.
Having tested the microArranger on its own I feel sure the problem only occurs when coupled to a master keyboard, in my case the HX1.
'Hanging' notes can also occur when hooked up via MIDI, not often and usually while setting up the two keyboards
Laurie2

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2016 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Teka.
You are correct, it doesn't effect percussive sounds.
If anyone else experiences this problem I have found that you can stop it by pushing 'Shift' and 'Start/Stop' simultaneously. It won't stop it happening again but t least it's a partial fix.
Having tested the microArranger on its own I feel sure the problem only occurs when coupled to a master keyboard, in my case the HX1.
'Hanging' notes can also occur when hooked up via MIDI, not often and usually while setting up the two keyboards
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Arrangers (General) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: