Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Just bought a Korg TR76

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton LE / Korg TR
View previous topic :: View next topic  
splinters

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 7:08 pm    Post subject: Just bought a Korg TR76 Reply with quote

Just bought this board from its first owner and came with a Korg DSH pedal, double braced X Stand, leads and a gig bag for £200. Seemed a very good deal as its cosmetically perfect, bar one dial missing, and all the keys worked fine, nice bright screen etc.
A few hours later I have discovered the F2 switch and Select button for the realtime control section are not responsive and the INC button needs a good press so I will strip the boaed down tomorrow and clean the contacts.
I am planning on using isoprophyl 99% cleaning alcohol, is this the right stuff or will it damage the board in any way?
Also, anyone know where I can buy just one dial/knob in the UK?

Thanks in advance.

P.s I have had much newer gear but always wanted to try one of these.
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Servisol-10 switch cleaner and lubricant, or Deoxit might be better. Isopropyl alcohol probably won't do any damage, though, just that a longer lasting repair will probably be obtained using the lubricating switch cleaner.

splinters

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, got all the main screws out but struggling to separate the base.
i got some contact cleaner.
This is running original OS, any idea where I can download the latest OS (1.5.1 I think)?
Nothing on UK site and US have 1.4.0.
splinters

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All good as new and switches work fine, just needs an OS uodate and a replacement knob.
splinters

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OS upgraded, I presume 1.04 is the latest. I found a knob shipped from the US for £11 total but is there anywhere in the UK sells them?
Alternatively has anyone found a similar style 'off the shelf'?
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could this be an alternative source for the knob?

http://syntaur.com/Items/4932.html

splinters

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2016 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's the US based one I found.
splinters

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2016 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone know what other boards use the same knob? There are knobs for the triton extreme and D1600 on ebay that look very similar. They certainly have the D connection and white strip.
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2016 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Korg Radias uses the same knobs, I think.

splinters

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2016 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Definitely looks the same. Here is the listing for the D1600 knob, looks identical but I only need one somit needs to be the same as the rest. This one is less than £10 delivered.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/KORG-D-1600-d1600-1200-3200-16-mk-ii-2-Replacement-Part-Knob-Cover-covers-caps-/181995132499?hash=item2a5fc15653:g:bOMAAOSwX~dWnLVu
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton LE / Korg TR All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: