Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Help Request - Upgrade to V3.04 and Karma Soundsets

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sparker

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2016 9:47 pm    Post subject: Help Request - Upgrade to V3.04 and Karma Soundsets Reply with quote

I have a Kronos 61 (original model) running 2.1.0

Today, after a six month break, I've turned it on and my Kronos appears to have lost all of the drum-kit kick and snare samples and my volume levels are all out of kilter in the programs and combis.

(I've tried the factory.ksc 'Do auto-load now' button and there is no change to the audio/sample dropout/level problem).

So I'm thinking of upgrading to the latest V3.04 software (which the Korg site says works on all models of the Kronos) and I have some questions.

1) I want to check that there is no need to update the firmware

2) Does anyone know if the KARMA Soundsets (Reincarnated and Catalyst 1 & 2) will work with the new V3.04 ... or will I need to contact KARMA Lab and get the V2.pgc's?

(I've been out of the forum loop for over a year so not up to speed on recent software version developments)

Line 6 Flextone XL / Line 6 POD XT / Roland V Bass / Ampeg Portabass & Cab / Assorted Guitars (no whammy bar) ... and a Fender Champ ...
Ksynth
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2016 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Firmware you have is possibly out of date so why not update that anyway?

I would do so before you update the OS.
SanderXpander
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2016 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you tried simply loading the factory PCG from disk?
Sparker

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2016 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the quick replies ...

Ksynth: I thought of doing that, however I couldn't find information about how to update the firmware in either the Operation Manual or the Parameter Guide. Can you give me a pointer of where to look please? Smile

... (or how to check what version of firmware I'm currently running ... I had my board serviced by Korg UK 2/3 years ago and it came back with OS2.0.1
loaded ... I don't know if they updated the firmware when they did the service).

Sander: That was my other port of call. Though I was wondering if there was any particular installation order when reloading the Factory pcg from disc and upgrading the OS to 3.4?

I got the impression from reading the upgrade information on the Korg site that OS 3.4 has a function that keeps/restores the sample references between OS 2.x and OS 3.x versions ... Question

... so presumably the KARMA Soundsets will continue to reference their original program slots?

Line 6 Flextone XL / Line 6 POD XT / Roland V Bass / Ampeg Portabass & Cab / Assorted Guitars (no whammy bar) ... and a Fender Champ ...
StephenKay
KARMA Developer
Approved Merchant
KARMA Developer<br>Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2016 3:30 am    Post subject: Re: Help Request - Upgrade to V3.04 and Karma Soundsets Reply with quote

Sparker wrote:
2) Does anyone know if the KARMA Soundsets (Reincarnated and Catalyst 1 & 2) will work with the new V3.04 ... or will I need to contact KARMA Lab and get the V2.pgc's?

I might know. Smile

It depends when you bought them. If you bought them recently, then we supplied you with two different PCG files for each set, one for the old program order, and one for the new program order.

If you don't have them or need to get them again, all you need to do is contact me at support(AT)karma-lab.com with your full name and I'll look you up in the database and send you new download links.

But presumably, if you've got an original Kronos or Kronos X, you have the original program order and updating the software isn't going to change that.

Sparker

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2016 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply Stephen.

I do have the original model of the Kronos (and my original KARMA downloads) ... so I'm assuming that the original .pcg KARMA files will work fine ... though I have to admit to some confusion as I was under the impression that the OS 3.x when loaded into the older Kronos models changed the program order in the banks ...

I have to admit to feeling a bit overwhelmed not having to had to sort any Kronos maintenance out for a couple of years ... or maybe I'm just getting old and forgetful ... Rolling Eyes

Falcon2e
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2016 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The newest firmware is only compatible with the new Kronos. Maybe contact Korg support and ask them what to do. Sometimes it takes Korg a couple days to respond to emails.

http://www.korg.com/us/support/
Sparker

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2016 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Falcon ... I'll do that
Smile

StephenKay
KARMA Developer
Approved Merchant
KARMA Developer<br>Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2016 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sparker wrote:
I was under the impression that the OS 3.x when loaded into the older Kronos models changed the program order in the banks ...

Not true. It doesn't.

Sparker

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2016 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for all the replies.
Solution found when I found an old .pcg/.ksc filse that I'd backed up a couple of years back. Still not sure what happened or why ... all's well that ends well ... gives me time to ponder/prevaricate on upgrading to 3.4 while I await Korg's support reply. Smile

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: