Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

TC Harmoniser

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mintjamman
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2016 8:05 pm    Post subject: TC Harmoniser Reply with quote

Although I have the Harmoniser working in style mode, in song mode where I want to use it with midi files and trigger the harmonies via the notes I play on the keyboard although I have the VP set in the Main Window and the Mic on, I cannot get the Harmoniser to work as in style mode, whats the trick or do I need to configure a track in the midi file ?
Yamaha S90ES, Korg Triton Pro, EXB Moss, Roland XV5080, Korg EX8000, Korg Pa4x 76, Korg Kronos 88, Crumar MOJO, Logic Pro X, V Collection, Novation SL61,Vienna, Korg Pa4x , EC-5, Vienna, Arturia V Collection, Roland SC88 Pro, Roland D110, Alesis SR16, Alesis D4
BR
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2016 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seems one of the member figured out this issue in other post.
Hope that helps, here is the link:
http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=103166&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=15
mintjamman
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2016 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks BR, I did see that but the salient information as to that member had actually accomplished that seems to be omitted ! Hence I was hoping to see if anyone else had worked out how to play midi tracks, play live but have the harmoniser triggered from your live playing. May all will be revealed 😕
Yamaha S90ES, Korg Triton Pro, EXB Moss, Roland XV5080, Korg EX8000, Korg Pa4x 76, Korg Kronos 88, Crumar MOJO, Logic Pro X, V Collection, Novation SL61,Vienna, Korg Pa4x , EC-5, Vienna, Arturia V Collection, Roland SC88 Pro, Roland D110, Alesis SR16, Alesis D4
duby2
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2016 1:41 am    Post subject: harmony Reply with quote

mintjamman
if you like i can email you my harmoniser set, just back up your harmoniser setting or just back all of your pa4x , and load mine , and test it out .. mine work on that track 4 (( the old pa80 used track 4 and i set all my harmony tracks for all my 900 songs to track 4 rack year ago so on the pa3x i just change the harmoniser track to 4 and i did the same to my pa4x ))) now back to you..in the Voice Preset > Harmony page,, on the right side of the page it said ,,it will say ( song play control , now touch it and open it , now pick the track your harmony is on ( 1 to 16 ) after picking the track ,stop and now you must save it , in the user set , you have factory set and a user set ,you must save in the user set.now you are done ,,, now if you want to play a midi file ( or mp3 )and play live harmony you do the same but now under sound play control you pick keyboard not the tracks...

Use the Song Play Control pop-up menu to choose a source for chords or notes controlling harmony in the Song Play mode.
Control source (Song Play)
Meaning
Off No track sends chords notes to the Harmony module. Chords can still be received via MIDI. Track 01…16 Chords or notes are received from one of the Player tracks. Chord Scan Play chords or notes in the area chosen with the CHORD SCAN buttons in the control panel. Lower Play chords or notes in the Lower area (under the split point). Upper Play chords or notes in the Upper area (above the split point). Full Play chords or notes over the full extension of the keyboard.

or give me a email i can send you the file
robkeith

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2016 3:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder why the TC Helicon Voice setups aren't able to directly be connected via the Voice Live Updates and setups. Now I am saying that the TC Connection is the best one, no doubt about that, but if one looks at the website for the TC Hellicon Voice Live 3, touch and so on, the way you apply settings and changes are very clear and straightforward.

It would be great if the onboard setups were more directly aligned to the separate models on sale via TC Hellicon. Also I wonder at what level or version is the Voice Live in the PA4X aligned with TC Hellicon, is it an earlier chip or what sort of makeovers has it had in the PA4X?.

As I said earlier still the better choice than alternatives for the PA4X, but can it be improved upon with better software setups and so on?.
duby2
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2016 2:45 pm    Post subject: special Reply with quote

too set your voice harmony up to boot up on what you want , ( notes or two up )do this,
go to Menu, then voice preset open up and you will see at the top ,

Slect,, and it will say ( Harm off ) this is a factory set, you need to pick your user voice preset that you want the keyboard to boot up too, you pick one of your preset you made up , like you change track number and then you save it , now when you turn the pa4x it will start with your special voice preset.
mintjamman
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2016 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Duby, Many Thanks for your help, its sorted Very Happy Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa4X All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: