Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Korg Radias - Multi Voice Question

View previous topic :: View next topic  
acerimmer

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2016 2:58 pm    Post subject: Korg Radias - Multi Voice Question Reply with quote

Hi All,
I am new to this synth and was wondering if I can play more than one voice at a time through midi using my DAW? There does not seem to be a multi or Combi mode on this. The manual says it has 20 voices depending on the number of timbres used per voice but I can't seem to figure this out. When in Global mode I can only choose one midi channel whereas it would be nice to be able to use all 16 channels and use one voice per channel. My Supernova uses this option in performance mode and works great.
Maybe I'm barking up the wrong tree here so any help would be greatly appreciated.
By the way, I was unable to find any INS file for the Radias online so I made one up yesterday (Just a basic for the factory sounds - I have not added the drum sets yet as it is a lot of typing and I don't have time right now) but if anyone would like a copy, just contact me and I can email to you or if there is a way to post it, let me know.
Thanks Smile
OpAmp
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2016 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

It is not possible to have one voice for each of the 16 MIDI channels.

That is because the Radias has only 4 timbres (like 4 different instruments). But each timbre can be configured to react on MIDI events on the global channel or on a specific channel, giving you up to 4 timbres/tracks/channels/instruments (whatever you want to name it) in parallel. The architecture of the Radias is so that there is a kind of continuum between single/layer/spilt and and multi voice mode.

Afterwards the 24 available voices are assigned to the 4 timbres, upon a request basis. E.g. if you configure 4 timbres, each listening to a different MIDI channel, you can have 24 notes sounding at once on one timbre and none on the other. Or have 12 notes on the first timbre, and each time 3 different notes on the other 3. Or... you got the point.

Note that unision settings will eat away more voices per note. When more then one timbre listens to the same MIDI channel, one note triggers the different timbres at the same moment and take one voice per triggered timbre (times unison setting).

Oh yes, you can configure the MIDI channel per timbre on P03-4 (Timbre MIDI). Note that these are settings per program.

Have fun.
acerimmer

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2016 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
Thanks for the info...I will check it out when I get time this week and let you know. It makes sense what you are saying.
Thanks for taking the time to explain this to me. Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg RADIAS / R3 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: