Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Is an arranger right for me?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Arrangers (General)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jeb.jr

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2016 8:29 pm    Post subject: Is an arranger right for me? Reply with quote

I currently have a Korg TR, and I play a lot of different genres of music including rock, country, pop, electronic, old and new, etc. When I perform solo, I use the keyboard to generate chords, bass, and drum rhythm.

The TR has no chord recognition, but I work around this by making the bass sound according to the lowest note played on the left half of the keyboard. That means I can play any chord with a given bass, but the chords can't be inverted.

The ability to customize the drum rhythm and chord patterns is very important. I like the TR's ability to edit arpeggios as opposed to just picking from 1000 uneditable loops, as some keyboards have.

I would like a quick and easy way to change styles within a song. In the TR, I can probably go into sequencer mode and spend some time putting together some triggered sequences, but I've had the keyboard for years and I still haven't mastered the sequencer mode.
Fransman
Platinum Member

Location: Netherlands (PA4X61+PAas. Past: PA3X, PA800, Y PSR-S910, PA500, T KN1000, Y PSR-16)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think an arranger can open a complete new musical world for you.
Just go to a shop and play a few arrangers, just to get the idea.

If you want flexibilty and versatility, Korg arrangers are the ones for you I guess.

The only person that can decide eventually is, of course, you. Cool

A setup with an arranger keyboard and your (TR) workstation is a strong combined 'best of both worlds'.

Play in style. Wink
jeb.jr

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apparently, my local music store doesn't keep in stock the Korg arrangers that I would consider. I'm considering the models on the higher end, the Pa3X LE and Pa4X. I'm interested in these because they have 76 keys and aftertouch. (The TR also has 76 keys and aftertouch, and I couldn't settle for less) Besides some sound quality difference, what are the major differences between the two? In other words, what can I do with a Pa4X and that can't be done with a Pa3X LE?
musiccankill
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello!
Its not "some sound quality difference"!It is a huuuge sound quality difference!We are talking for 576mb (3xle) vs 5gb (4x) factory library!
Also pa4x touch screen is capacitive, it has 400mb (vs 192 on the 3xle) ram memory to load your sounds, it has more memory locations by using the direct bank, it has slider under the pitch bend (missing on the 3xle) and many more!
Also it costs way more than the 3xle so you should balance your needs and how much you wish to spend on an instrument!I personally like both the 3xle and the 4x but i would go directly for the 4x after all bugs will have been resolved.
You can look for a normal pa3x too which has almost the same factory library with the 3xle but a way better sound engine ,featuring more efx and others.
It is older though..
Reidoo

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

musiccankill wrote:
Hello!
Its not "some sound quality difference"!It is a huuuge sound quality difference!We are talking for 576mb (3xle) vs 5gb (4x) factory library!
Also pa4x touch screen is capacitive, it has 400mb (vs 192 on the 3xle) ram memory to load your sounds, it has more memory locations by using the direct bank, it has slider under the pitch bend (missing on the 3xle) and many more!
Also it costs way more than the 3xle so you should balance your needs and how much you wish to spend on an instrument!I personally like both the 3xle and the 4x but i would go directly for the 4x after all bugs will have been resolved.
You can look for a normal pa3x too which has almost the same factory library with the 3xle but a way better sound engine ,featuring more efx and others.
It is older though..

I was not aware there is such a huuuge difference between pa3xLe and pa4x. I have not touched one (4x) but i imagine that if i am satisfied with the sound in 3xLe....how i would feel about the 4x (blown away?) Smile))
musiccankill
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Totally blown away!
It now has 800mb of ram as they added compression after the last update!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Arrangers (General) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: