Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Aftertouch in sound mode

View previous topic :: View next topic  
AntonioZ

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 11:12 pm    Post subject: Aftertouch in sound mode Reply with quote

Hi,
PA4X....aftertouch not working in sound mode!!!
Does anyone know anything about it?
Is it bug or I miss something?
Manual did not help!

Tnx
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Antonio

So are you saying that, for example the Harmonica sound (with A/T assigned) works fine in STYLE PLAY mode but not in SOUND mode?

Pete Very Happy
...and play lots of music Very Happy
------------------------------------------------------------------
Jonyblues

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 5:04 am    Post subject: Re: Aftertouch in sound mode Reply with quote

AntonioZ wrote:
Hi,
PA4X....aftertouch not working in sound mode!!!
Does anyone know anything about it?
Is it bug or I miss something?
Manual did not help!

Tnx

Hi AntonioZ, I just tried this on my PA4x and wanted to let you know that mine doesn't appear to have any aftertouch enabled/working either in sound mode. I hadn't noticed it before because I'm generally working in Style Play mode. I tested it by picking a synth lead sound which definitely had sound/effects triggered by aftertouch in the Style Play mode and in Sound mode it definitely doesn't have the same (any) aftertouch triggered sound/effects. I tried a whole bunch of other sounds too and couldn't find any in sound mode where aftertouch appeared to be active/working.

Just wanted to confirm that the issue is not just with your board.
Best,
Jon
AntonioZ

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks....all we can do is to adjust aftertouch in blind mode Smile for mow.
It is a bug obviously!!!
mintjamman
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Same here, Sounds that have say modulation assigned in style mode do not have it in sound mode? Just got round to trying this myself, However I cant believe that here we have a fully fledge synth that denies us these basic features.

Maybe Korg need to comment here ???
Yamaha S90ES, Korg Triton Pro, EXB Moss, Roland XV5080, Korg EX8000, Korg Pa4x 76, Korg Kronos 88, Crumar MOJO, Logic Pro X, V Collection, Novation SL61,Vienna, Korg Pa4x , EC-5, Vienna, Arturia V Collection, Roland SC88 Pro, Roland D110, Alesis SR16, Alesis D4
Paolo@Korg
Korg Italy

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

It's a bug. It will be solved in one of the forthcoming OS versions. Thank you very much for reporting.

Paolo
mintjamman
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you to Paolo for coming back here and letting us all know this is a bug as its fair to say many would be spending time trying to get this to work.

Without sounding ungrateful to Paolo who I am sure we all agree has been so helpful to us all myself included. I am amazed that a instrument was ever released with such a glaring error ?

We have no way of know the commercial backround of the Pa4x's trip to market but how an earth was it considered worthy or release with such a Performance Feature not working ? The Pa4x is trumpeted by Korg as a Professional High End Arranger designed for Live Performance and did Korg miss this bug or was the pressure to great to release it knowing that Aftertouch did not work as advertised ???

The real burning question is that we have been advised this will be fixed in future OS updates but of course the fix could be some months away and I feel that the pressure is on Korg to get this fixed As soon as possible.

As a standalone instrument I need Aftertouch to be working and this is a serious omission in my view. But at least Paolo came back and told us the score which is to be commended
Yamaha S90ES, Korg Triton Pro, EXB Moss, Roland XV5080, Korg EX8000, Korg Pa4x 76, Korg Kronos 88, Crumar MOJO, Logic Pro X, V Collection, Novation SL61,Vienna, Korg Pa4x , EC-5, Vienna, Arturia V Collection, Roland SC88 Pro, Roland D110, Alesis SR16, Alesis D4
taki

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just came to the sight to make this same comment...

As I am adding sounds and customizing things, I noticed the same thing. Just to reiterate...

In the sounds mode, Channel AT does not respond. When I place the sound in Style mode (Keyboards Set), the aftertouch works.

I also agree, this is a glaring error that should of been caught. It took about 1-2 hours out of my day until I noticed this.

I hope they correct this soon.

Taki
mintjamman
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I spent a half day trying to find out why aftertouch was not working, reading the manual to make sure that i had misunderstood anything, then when I could not make any headway a call to Korg UK to tech support who had no idea as to what the issue might be.

Still we now know its a bug, 3k keyboard that dose'nt respond to AT ?
taki

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2016 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would really appreciate for a Korg rep on this site to communicate to us if someone is working on this issue.

If they are, when is the eta for the fix.

This is a big issue for me, and again, this is a >3K keyboard in cost and there should be a sense of urgency to get this fixed.

Thanks,

Taki
mintjamman
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2016 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Taki, this is a big issue for many myself included and I am sure that Korg are solving this oversight. Maybe Paolo can chime in and let us know if we are on our way to getting this resolved in the next OS ?
Paolo@Korg
Korg Italy

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2016 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I can confirm this issue has been solved, and is included in the forthcoming OS version.

Paolo
mintjamman
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

BIG THANKS TO PAOLO for chiming in with this GREAT news ! Well Done KORG
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa4X All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: