Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Anyone know where I can find warm analog pads for the Kross

View previous topic :: View next topic  
seratone

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2016 9:51 pm    Post subject: Anyone know where I can find warm analog pads for the Kross Reply with quote

Dream Pad, Calm Pad, Prayer Pad, Sine Pan.....you get the picture - like that only better - the Yamaha Mox6 has something called 'Analog' that simply beats the pants off of all of these. Think of the big warm soft bits in the background of 90's era Bruce Springsteen records - I believe he referred to it as Dark Skies.

Does anyone know where I can find patches like this?
aron
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2016 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doesn't the Kross have pads that work? Either in combi or program mode, just dial up the Synth Pad entry. There is a sine pad among others.
Join the Kross Share group in facebook and ask, maybe someone will program something for you.
tommymandel

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2016 3:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the original poster is correct - Kross does not do fluffy non-resonant analog-style pads well. The first sine one is okay, but that's a real problem.
I did a lot of programming on my Kross about a year ago, much of it trying to build that sound (another one that kept eluding me was the perfect rhodes, though there are really some nice factory ones, just not "yamaha nice...")
The Combination, Glisten Pad (7 in Synth Pads) is a really nice sound, but not analog in nature. Brass Pad is nice too, but it doesn't fade in and out the right way...
aron
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2016 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree, it doesn't do any perfect Rhodes. The pads are easy to do though. I found some that are nice.

The problem is the Kross interpolates the sawtooth waveforms too much. Aliasing and other problems - you can hear it.
But it's sure fun to play and cheap!
seratone

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2016 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree - the Kross sort of reminds me of the Korg X5d I had in the 90's (a sSwiss Army Knife) - except even that that better spooky pads. I recently switched to the the Kross from a Yamaha MOX6 for my 'top board' - mostly just to shake things up a bit - I love the portability and the favorites for live instead of a workstation.....but I'm going to keep my eye out for something else....
sutekh

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2016 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure what sort of sounds you mean. The Kross's analog sounds seem very convincing to my ears. I only ever had one analog synth for about a year, a Roland Juno 6, so maybe my ears can't pick up the subtle differences. The Kross is certainly good enough to fool me, and the other guys in the band are impressed with it too.

Is there a specific type of analog sound you're looking for? Like a warm shimmery sound? (To quote Red Dwarf is it a wibbly thing or a swirly thing?)
seratone

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Big warm soft pads - think of the background in 'I want to know what love is' by Foreigner...anything from 90's era Bruce Springsteen, Mark Knopfler...on the Motif it's called 'Analog', on the X5d it's called 'Warm Pad' it's basically a Juno / Jupiter staple
Auquicu

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2016 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The best place to look for sounds is in the Korg Kross Share group in Facebook.
Here is the link, and membership and sounds are free:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/KorgKrossShare/
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> KORG Kross All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: