Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Hey anyone who knows about time signatures help

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Testing This Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Josh523

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 1:53 am    Post subject: Hey anyone who knows about time signatures help Reply with quote

Hey I'm not advanced with drums I just make kits but I'm redoing an old recording. I primarily just make instrumental type stuff and I can't tell by the recording (idk if the tempo is changing or not or if I got the wrong one) but I can't tell if it is 6/4 or 7/4. I keep playing it and they sound the same just one beat longer held. I cannot tell which one. Does anyone know how to fix this Or what feel you think 6/4 is used for. What feel 7-4 used for? Thnx!!!
CowboyNQ

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2016 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

G'day,

Time signatures refer to how many and what type of beats to a bar in a song. 7/4 means seven quarter notes or crotchets in a bar, 6/4 means six quarter notes in a bar.

7/4 is an unusual time signature in popular music. If you want to hear it in action, Pink Floyd's "Money" is a well-known example (although some people will tell you it's in 7/eight). Count along to the drums during the verses and the sax solo and you'll hear seven beats in each bar.

Hope some of that helps.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Testing This Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: