Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

I bought the PA4X instead of Tyros 5 please help

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lhill1

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 9:46 am    Post subject: I bought the PA4X instead of Tyros 5 please help Reply with quote

Hi guys
I am as you can see, brand new to the site and a lovely hello to you all, and I hope I find help and support in abundant supplies here because I basically haven't got a clue.

Yesterday I went to my local shop to buy the keyboard I have waited 14 years for the beloved Tyros 5 and I did go with a semi open mind to give the pa4 a good chance but it is as simple as this.

It outclassed the Tyros in so many different areas I have only had it less than 24 hours but I'm sure I could write 4 pages on the differences and better qualities and superiority of the Korg. It is simply spectacular the sounds the styles the build the feel the sound is simply superior to the Tyros. I can't believe how much turmoil I was in whilst having a demo of each and I didn't realise from mainly watching you tube videos that the Korg was going to blow the Tyros out of the water as much as it has done. It would of been simply sentimentality and laziness that would of seen me purchase the Tyros but in the end I have bought something that I already feel is going to challenge me in ways I possibly haven't worked with before in the arranger style of music

What I am struggling with is familiarity of the machine. I have none I don't know my way around I was given a sub stick from the dealer and I have no idea how to use it. I have a basic idea from the demo yesterday but I am slowly after already spending 6 hours in front of it getting a slow idea of how it functions.

I know for a little while I am going to be kicking myself until it all falls into place but in a few days I am certain the ease of use will be something hat becomes second nature. I am still slightly anxious I have spent close to 3k on something I am never going to master. But did I want to sit on a Tyros with the group of folk who are well known for owning them and play safe songs all day long. Well my action yesterday spoke louder than my words.

I will be asking for help quite often I imagine but after reading a few posts from many members I look forward to getting to know the group and Gaining tons of knowledge about the Korg PA4X

What I now have to do
ecca

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 10:22 am    Post subject: Just bought Pa4 Reply with quote

Hi Friend
You made the best decision.I played Yamaha through the range up to T4 and attending the launch of the T5 looked around the shop sat down at Pa3x
tried it, bought it there and then, and never once doubted that I had done the right thing.
Korg have so much going for them, its a new world and worth working at.
I suggest you go to the Information message at the top of this setion all
the videos are set out there are good.
ecca
Lhill1

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for your kind words of encouragement and having more hours under my belt it become more and more obvious that indie the right thing and stepped out of y comfort zone. It very interesting to hear you did the Tyros up to four generations then changed I guess you had the same trouble as I'm having now just not quite understanding how things work

But with a little help the Internet and videos I'm sure it will all fall into place. I tried to save a style I worked on earlier to no avail however only first attempt so theirs tonnes of time.

Thank you for taking the time to reply Smile
Best wishe
Lee
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Lee

Please ask all the questions you want - we are here to help.
No question is considered too small or too basic or "silly" - particularly when you are attacking the learning curve of a keyboard like this.

Yes, you DEFINITELY made the best and right decision.

Cheers

Pete Very Happy
...and play lots of music Very Happy
------------------------------------------------------------------
mintjamman
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your not alone friend I also went to my dealer with a shortlist of the T5 and Pa4x, it took me 20 mins to decide the T5 wasnt for me but a day and half to decide to buy the Pa4x 76.
3 months later with extensive Pa4x time under my belt I know I made theright choice and Korg back their users with attention.

The more you play this instrument the more that it will give you and the more you play and find how it applies to your musical situation the more you will see how well it has been thought out.

Have fun Very Happy
Yamaha S90ES, Korg Triton Pro, EXB Moss, Roland XV5080, Korg EX8000, Korg Pa4x 76, Korg Kronos 88, Crumar MOJO, Logic Pro X, V Collection, Novation SL61,Vienna, Korg Pa4x , EC-5, Vienna, Arturia V Collection, Roland SC88 Pro, Roland D110, Alesis SR16, Alesis D4
Lhill1

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2016 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi guys
Thank you for your warm welcome on the second day of the learning curve and I'm gonna do a bit of searching for some midi files after I've attempted to update the software to the latest version.

I have no idea how to do this but Google is gonna be a help I'm sure.

I can already tell that I made the right decision. Like you say it was a 20 minute thought of Tyros oh hell no not when this little beauty is sat over the way and just asking to be pushed as far as you want.

It has tonnes of potential even just in my living room entertaining myself it's awesome and I can't wait to learn more about the wonderful machine.

I was incidentally going to buy the Tyros last year but heals off. I now know why !!!

Thanks again for your kind words I look forward to chatting with you guys very soon
Smile
Best wishes
Lee
ecca

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2016 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Lee, If you are loading the Os update don't forget the Korg rule
make sure you have a full back up before you start.
Glad you are enjoying this great Keyboard.
ecca.
Lhill1

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2016 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahh hells bells I didn't know this rule mate.

I am guessing I pop the use in the f drive do a backup to there and then it's done and update from then on. I have to update again anyway as insist know 1.2 was out.

Thanks for the tip though.
All new to me literally learning every moment I'm sat on my keyboard. !!! Pressure sores are gonna be a worry soon I'm sure !!!! Heck

Cheers guys very much appreciate your comments I will post a update how I'm getting on in a few days see if I've managed to save some styles and my own selected sounds to a file in songbook or something. Wish me luck

Best wishes
Lee Smile
daroush

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2016 6:29 am    Post subject: Re: I bought the PA4X instead of Tyros 5 please help Reply with quote

Lhill1 wrote:
Hi guys
I am as you can see, brand new to the site and a lovely hello to you all, and I hope I find help and support in abundant supplies here because I basically haven't got a clue.

Yesterday I went to my local shop to buy the keyboard I have waited 14 years for the beloved Tyros 5 and I did go with a semi open mind to give the pa4 a good chance but it is as simple as this.

It outclassed the Tyros in so many different areas I have only had it less than 24 hours but I'm sure I could write 4 pages on the differences and better qualities and superiority of the Korg. It is simply spectacular the sounds the styles the build the feel the sound is simply superior to the Tyros. I can't believe how much turmoil I was in whilst having a demo of each and I didn't realise from mainly watching you tube videos that the Korg was going to blow the Tyros out of the water as much as it has done. It would of been simply sentimentality and laziness that would of seen me purchase the Tyros but in the end I have bought something that I already feel is going to challenge me in ways I possibly haven't worked with before in the arranger style of music

What I am struggling with is familiarity of the machine. I have none I don't know my way around I was given a sub stick from the dealer and I have no idea how to use it. I have a basic idea from the demo yesterday but I am slowly after already spending 6 hours in front of it getting a slow idea of how it functions.

I know for a little while I am going to be kicking myself until it all falls into place but in a few days I am certain the ease of use will be something hat becomes second nature. I am still slightly anxious I have spent close to 3k on something I am never going to master. But did I want to sit on a Tyros with the group of folk who are well known for owning them and play safe songs all day long. Well my action yesterday spoke louder than my words.

I will be asking for help quite often I imagine but after reading a few posts from many members I look forward to getting to know the group and Gaining tons of knowledge about the Korg PA4X

What I now have to do

Hey budd , you did good . The Pa4x is a better keyboard by far , trust us .
The T5 is $5000 !!!! And I hate that ugly cheap keyboard .
You can watch lots of tutorials on You Tube .
Cheers ,
Bachus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2016 6:47 pm    Post subject: Re: I bought the PA4X instead of Tyros 5 please help Reply with quote

daroush wrote:
Lhill1 wrote:
Hi guys

What I now have to do

Cheers ,

You obviously never played a tyros, it has the fsr keybed, and thats very high end... You obviously confusing it with the low end keybed in the psr series which makes those instruments non desirable to me...

Anyway, the pa4x is a great keyboard, but so is the tyros5... I like my tyros5 for quite a lot of things (sa2 voices, ensemble voices, organ world, expandabillity) for most other things i prefer my Kronos..

I have played pa4x a couple of hours... And it shines in many ways. Better styles and drums then T5, and a very very nice sound quallity... On top of that many many pro features not available on Tyors5 that allow you to comtroll your performance and sound directly... I indeed think that the pa4x might be the best keyboard available right now....

Yet nothing beats my combination of Kronos and Tyros5... Bith add to eachothers weaknesses...

Trashing the Tyros 5 clearly shows you are not commenting on the subject with an open mind.
Bachus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2016 6:47 pm    Post subject: Re: I bought the PA4X instead of Tyros 5 please help Reply with quote

daroush wrote:
Lhill1 wrote:
Hi guys

What I now have to do

Cheers ,

You obviously never played a tyros, it has the fsr keybed, and thats very high end... You obviously confusing it with the low end keybed in the psr series which makes those instruments non desirable to me...

Anyway, the pa4x is a great keyboard, but so is the tyros5... I like my tyros5 for quite a lot of things (sa2 voices, ensemble voices, organ world, expandabillity) for most other things i prefer my Kronos..

I have played pa4x a couple of hours... And it shines in many ways. Better styles and drums then T5, and a very very nice sound quallity... On top of that many many pro features not available on Tyors5 that allow you to comtroll your performance and sound directly... I indeed think that the pa4x might be the best keyboard available right now....

Yet nothing beats my combination of Kronos and Tyros5... Bith add to eachothers weaknesses...

Trashing the Tyros 5 clearly shows you are not commenting on the subject with an open mind.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa4X All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: