Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Krome over M3?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
keeverw

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2016 7:11 pm    Post subject: Krome over M3? Reply with quote

If all I am using my M3 for is bread and butter sounds, and only in program mode, almost exclusively, would I be more happy with a Krome?

The reason I ask, is I never use the sequencer, or sampler, or any of that.

And the M3 is super heavy, and the Krome is much lighter.

All I care about is sound quality and portability. I know the piano is probably better on the Krome. What about the other sounds? Rhodes, B3, polysynths?
"For I consider that the sufferings of this present time are not even worth comparing to the glory that will be revealed to us." Rom 8:18
Bald Eagle
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2016 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If all you are really interested in is the bread and butter sounds they are both basically the same except for the Krome's pianos. The M3's keybed is better so you may also want to consider that too.
keeverw

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2016 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the feedback.

Everyone raves about the M3's keybed, but I've played quite a few keyboards, and midi controllers and to me it's just about the same as all the other decent ones I've played.

Honestly I preferred my M-Audio Axiom keybed to the M3.

Maybe I'm not a good enough pianist to notice the difference.
I know what I don't like though. Anything Roland as far as workstations go. And anything Akai as far as midi controllers go.

I'm seriously thinking of downsizing to a Krome-61.
So much easier on the back, when transporting. Also I use a lot of piano, so it might be an improvement there.
"For I consider that the sufferings of this present time are not even worth comparing to the glory that will be revealed to us." Rom 8:18
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg M3 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: