Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Making a Pa3x work on a Pa2x

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Arrangers (General)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tzargarpur

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2016 10:13 pm    Post subject: Making a Pa3x work on a Pa2x Reply with quote

Hello,

Seeing if anyone has any knowledge or information with making a fairly new pa3x set work on a pa2x. Some one I know tried this set on a pa800 and it corrupted the previous set and forced him to do a factory reset. Does anyone know of any methods or programs that properly convert the set?

I dont imagine the differences are so big to where they cant be corrected. I really enjoy the 3x set but I have a 2x. If some one could help me it would be beyond appreciated.

Also, any first hand experience with this would be helpful as well.
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2016 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You cannot do this. Korg arrangers are compatible with older models but not newer ones.
If you want to play pa3x styles on your pa2x then you have to convert them manually using PC software like a sequencer by exporting the pa3x style, editing and importing it into the pa2x.
There's a product called EMC which some have tried but I am not sure how successful it is.
Not an easy task.

Maybe later, if you can afford it, get a pa3x or pa4x - it is a fantastic upgrade from the pa2x

Cheers
Pete Very Happy
...and play lots of music Very Happy
------------------------------------------------------------------
Tzargarpur

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2016 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

karmathanever wrote:
You cannot do this. Korg arrangers are compatible with older models but not newer ones.
If you want to play pa3x styles on your pa2x then you have to convert them manually using PC software like a sequencer by exporting the pa3x style, editing and importing it into the pa2x.
There's a product called EMC which some have tried but I am not sure how successful it is.
Not an easy task.

Maybe later, if you can afford it, get a pa3x or pa4x - it is a fantastic upgrade from the pa2x

Cheers
Pete Very Happy

Really appreciate the help, Ill definitely look into that software. I dont mind putting in a few hours of initial work if it will work. I know you said youre not completely sure, but are there any success stories converting a 3x set to a 2x with this program?

And Id love to have a 3x but I just bought my first real keyboard which was a flawless condition 2x. Definitely going to be a few years until I even consider upgrading
Nemik
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2016 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@Tzargarpur
This is your lucky day Wink
check this topic;
http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=102594

you can download there Pa3x Factory styles already converted to Pa2x Smile
Fl Studio 21, Ableton Live 10 Suite.
Korg Pa5x Sounds at Performers Heaven
Tzargarpur

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2016 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nemik wrote:
@Tzargarpur
This is your lucky day Wink
check this topic;
http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=102594

you can download there Pa3x Factory styles already converted to Pa2x Smile

Ill be sure to check that out but my main focus is converting a specific set I have from a PA3x set to a 2x. I have a very nice set that Im dying to use.

Thank you though
Nemik
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2016 2:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure if Pa2x support import midi to style with markers, but this was be best way to do it.
Using Pa3x export midi with markers, then import to Pa2x and adjust a little.
Fl Studio 21, Ableton Live 10 Suite.
Korg Pa5x Sounds at Performers Heaven
musiccankill
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2016 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And thats still just for styles! You can't convert sampled sounds as far as i know except the set is not usb locked and you export all kmp's by hand on the 3x and then import them on the 2x (if they are up to 256mb of course).
Emc styleworks xt works ok, not perfect though, with styles but you will have to remap all the instruments to their new locations in each style as well as the effect settings as far as i remember. also you will run out of space on both sounds/performances and styles if they pa3x set is full..
In my opinion its too difficult to make it work even decent without spending more than 70-80 or maybe 100 hours+ to convert everything!
If the set contains only styles then i would have given it a try but still needs some work...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Arrangers (General) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: