Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Help: how to change a style to a song entry from Pa3X

View previous topic :: View next topic  
redfox

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2016 3:02 pm    Post subject: Help: how to change a style to a song entry from Pa3X Reply with quote

Hi, i changed my five years old Pa3X-76 with a new Pa4X-76 two days ago. It's a wonderful machine, but...

I use song lists since Pa2X, so I thought I knew everything about the use of songs, but with my Pa4X I cannot change style to a song entry.

Of course I can do it with SongBook Editor on PC, but if I want change style to a song from keyboard I must save with another name and delete previous one.

I'm sure that with Pa3X it was a simple operation: what am I doing wrong?

Ciao,
Claudio
Paolo@Korg
Korg Italy

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2016 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

If you save a SongBook Entry with the same name of the one you want to replace, the older one will be replaced by the one you are saving. There is no need to manually delete it.

Paolo
redfox

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2016 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paolo@Korg wrote:
Hi,

If you save a SongBook Entry with the same name of the one you want to replace, the older one will be replaced by the one you are saving. There is no need to manually delete it.

Paolo

Hi Paolo,

thank you for your answer. I use only numbered songs, I read lyrics on my iPad connected by a Yamaha MD-BT01, so I must save a new song, delete old one and modify new song for having the same song number. It works, but it's a bit complicated: on a Pa3X was very simple... Wink

Perhaps a "select" button on Resource part of "Book Edit 1" could be a simple workaround?

Ciao e grazie,
Claudio
Bernie9

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2016 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On the same topic, can I somehow obtain and load former song lists and use them on my pa4x to supplement the ones I have ?

Bernie
Hammond SK1
redfox

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2016 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paolo@Korg wrote:
Hi,

Paolo

UPDATE: if previous song has a number and you replace without deleting the new song is without number AND old number is not usable anymore. If you recall song entry via MIDI or with numeric keypad it works, but song number is not displayed on Pa4X and on SongBook Editor program.

If you use numbered songbook my advice is do not follow Paolo's hint: if you want modify a song entry you must delete old song and write a new one, this is only way to have a consistent numbered song list.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa4X All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: