Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Korg and Mac compatabillty

View previous topic :: View next topic  
johnnie

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2016 5:09 am    Post subject: Korg and Mac compatabillty Reply with quote

Korg give us
OS Mac/Win --- Drivers Mac/Win--- Songbook Editor Widows only --- So in effect as a Mac user I am not able to benefit from all functions of the 4X why is it such a problem putting out Mac versions for everything so that we can all enjoy discrimination free playing ????????????
Jugoslovak

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2016 6:22 am    Post subject: Re: Korg and Mac compatabillty Reply with quote

johnnie wrote:
Korg give us
OS Mac/Win --- Drivers Mac/Win--- Songbook Editor Widows only --- So in effect as a Mac user I am not able to benefit from all functions of the 4X why is it such a problem putting out Mac versions for everything so that we can all enjoy discrimination free playing ????????????

100% Agree!!
I made the move to MAC about 2 years ago and I couldn't be happier as I strongly believe MAC is far more superior and stable than WIN and I think a lot of MAC users would agree with me.

I have downloaded the new songbook editor but its useless to me until its available for MAC platform... I have tried using it with WINE BOTTLER and the like, but it just isn't working and it frustrates me!
Unless I go out and spend another $500 on a PC (which I will NEVER USE) I have no option but to do things the hard way now, when all it takes is some desk monkey at Korg a day or so to release the software on MAC platform.

Korg needs to step up when it comes to providing its customers with MAC software for its products (as well as keeping WIN) because because 90% of the musicians/artists that I know, are using MAC based tools in their studios/music.

Its only fair that they cater for the whole customer base instead of only WIN users. After all, us MAC users would like to use these amazing Korg products to their full patential too.

STEP UP KORG!
Reason 8.3
Kontakt 5.5.1
mintjamman
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2016 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have already had this conversation with Korg, their line is that there are no plans for a osx version due to lack of demand.
Yamaha S90ES, Korg Triton Pro, EXB Moss, Roland XV5080, Korg EX8000, Korg Pa4x 76, Korg Kronos 88, Crumar MOJO, Logic Pro X, V Collection, Novation SL61,Vienna, Korg Pa4x , EC-5, Vienna, Arturia V Collection, Roland SC88 Pro, Roland D110, Alesis SR16, Alesis D4
johnnie

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2016 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really well I would guess their market research is well out of date and suggest they revisit it. Perhaps a poll is required?
BR
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2016 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

johnnie wrote:
Really well I would guess their market research is well out of date and suggest they revisit it. Perhaps a poll is required?
Agreed, it's a good idea.
kenackr
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2016 5:45 pm    Post subject: Should Korg provide support to Mac users? Reply with quote

Korg Italy does NOT now support Pa4X owners that use Mac computers.

That leaves them unable to use all of the features they purchased when they bought the Pa4X.

Last edited by kenackr on Wed May 18, 2016 11:44 pm; edited 2 times in total
Jugoslovak

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2016 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

100% Agreed for a poll.

I don't understand how Korg, being such a huge and well respected part of the music industry says that they don't have full support for MAC users... considering 80% of professional musicians, artists and production houses worldwide use MAC based gear?
Reason 8.3
Kontakt 5.5.1
Nemik
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2016 2:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just Questions.
How many software for MAC you guys know supporting other that Korg Arrangers, Yamaha, Roland, Ketron etc.. ?
Is Any Question
Fl Studio 21, Ableton Live 10 Suite.
Korg Pa5x Sounds at Performers Heaven
Dmkeys

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2016 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't speak about other arrangers, but my Kurzweil PC3 and Casio PX5s both have Mac versions of their editor librarians.
Bachus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 4:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am running Windows 10 with paralels inside Mac osx, which should do the trick... You could also use bootcamp and windows10...

Its a small invesment, but it allows you to use your Max with your pa4x
kenackr
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2016 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bachus,

Which "Max" did you mean in the last line?
kronos2

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2016 3:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do not like to mess up my Mac with windows.
Professional Studios, Home Studios, Dj's, everyone related with the music industry using Mac. Why Kronos, Krome, & others Korg synthesizers have the Editors for Mac ? Why not the arrangers?
BR
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2016 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kronos2 wrote:
I do not like to mess up my Mac with windows.
Professional Studios, Home Studios, Dj's, everyone related with the music industry using Mac. Why Kronos, Krome, & others Korg synthesizers have the Editors for Mac ? Why not the arrangers?

Agreed 100%.
I switched from PC (Windows) to Mac since 2005 for my music works because Mac is more stable and we spend more time on music production than wasting time on troubleshooting with Windows.
I use Windows too since 1995 and I don't say it's bad, it is good too for other staff like office jobs and I can say the MS Office works better on Windows platform than Mac.
But here we are talking about music and with respect for musicians who use the Windows platform for their work I can say that the Mac OSX became nowadays as a standard music platform in the music industry.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa4X All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: