Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

SD card?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
kenackr
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SD CARD
The Pa4X ships with a micro auxiliary memory board , but no micro SD card installed for this function. I installed a 128 GB San Disk Ultra Plus micro SDXC UHS-1 card with a read speed up to 80MB/s on May 31, 2016. (I have no connection to or interest in San Disk, I'm just reporting what I used in case others are interested.)

As of June 1, 2016 , Korg's "suggested" capacity is 32GB but states 64GB "should" work. Micro SD cards up to 256 GB exist now and 512GB will be "released" in July.

My intention is to use this micro SD card as a "semi" permanently installed "One Stop" storage when importing songs for an "onboard" repertoire. Semi means I can increase the capacity if I see fit, by installing a higher capacity card. It is easily found on the screen when you press the "Media" button (next to "global").

Everything is running fine so far. It's easy to install. Follow the procedure from the "Quick Guide" that comes with the Pa4X. Experience from the past in all things computer, indicates that manufacturers in general, never put all the storage capability you'll want in any machine.

The beauty of this micro SD card setup in the Pa4X, is that the user can choose to use a card, or not, AND can populate to his or her desire within a range of capacities. Korg is to be commended on this customer friendly approach and encouraged to use the concept where appropriate in all products!

FLASH DRIVE
I also installed a 128 GB San Disk Ultra USB 3.0 Flash Drive with a read speed up to 100 MB/s on the rear "Host" USB port next to the "Device (computer)" B type connection port. This sets up a way to import (or export) data or songs from computers that are not locally available without blocking either the front or rear USB "Host" ports.

A to B USB Cable
The final installation was a 10 foot long cable that has a USB flat connector type A on one end and the "B" barrel type connector at the other end to fit into the "DEVICE" port for downloading directly from a suitably close computer to the Pa4X rear port. Using the cable bi-directlionaly without blocking access to either of the other USB ports maximizes many operations including recording, archiving and so on.

Is this a STICKY situation?

I'd like to suggest to the moderators that posting the information contained in this post, at least the SD card and Flash card, be used as a "sticky" so members can quickly see in one place what the current memory "upgrade" values are at any given time.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa4X All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: