Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

My PA4X is On The Way!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
hammer

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 5:23 pm    Post subject: My PA4X is On The Way! Reply with quote

My new PA4X will be here Friday - 61 key verson - no hard drive. I have these questions after reading some of the user manual.

1. What happens if the clock battery dies?
2. Is there a Mac Songbook Editor Version or only PC?
3. Are styles, not style banks, playable from the thumb drive or Micro SD card?
4. Are there specific master EQ settings you have found favorable?

I'm sure I'll have other questions.

Thanks for your help.

Hammer
kenackr
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's like on Mission Impossible: This message will self destruct in 5 seconds!

No! Just kidding. If the clock battery dies you open the small rear rectangular cover with a small (like #1) Philips style screw driver and pop in a replacement. These are a flat watch type battery (CR 20 something ?) that are available most anywhere. The Quick Guide that comes in the box with the Pa4X shows you how to do it. If you're as slow as I am, it will take all of 4 minutes, including reseting the clock.

Sorry to disappoint. There is not now a Mac Songbook Editor for Mac. Please refer to several forum posts (including one shameless poll by yours truly). It is the number one thing on my Christmas wish list. Since the arrangers are made in Italy, I'm going to see if the Pope can give them a not so gentle nudge to make it so.

I think the answer is maybe. The reality is I don't know enough about my new baby to come down hard on this. Got a lotta digging yet to do. (sounds like a song already Smile)

As far as master EQ settings go the answer is NO not yet, I'm still exploring.

Last edited by kenackr on Thu Jun 02, 2016 5:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
hammer

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Ken for the info.

Hammer
kenackr
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I forgot to tell you one more thing about the clock!

Once you have replaced the battery and closed the rectangular cover, press the Global button (because you will be reseting time all over the world) honest! Use the touch screen for the very first reddish button in the upper left corner which will bring you to a display that has the word "clock" on it. Press that and up comes the screen to fill in the actual time & date, etc.

Warning! if you push too many buttons too many times, France will secede from the European Union because they will no longer know what time it is. Laughing
stephenm52

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 7:36 pm    Post subject: Re: My PA4X is On The Way! Reply with quote

hammer wrote:
My new PA4X will be here Friday - 61 key verson - no hard drive. I have these questions after reading some of the user manual.

3. Are styles, not style banks, playable from the thumb drive or Micro SD card?
4. Are there specific master EQ settings you have found favorable?

I'm sure I'll have other questions.

Thanks for your help.

Hammer

Deane, Congratulations on the Pa4x!!

No will not work on the Mac unless you use a virtual machine or you have Windows on a Bootcamp partition.

Styles are playable from the thumb drive they are called direct. It's not exactly like Yamaha and takes another button press more than Yamaha. It is an improvement over the older OS where you had to load the style just to audition it.

ON the EQ settings I found it trial and error and my EQ settings on my Pa3x did not work for me with the Pa4x. I use a Bose compact and with the EQ settings used for the Pa3x caused some feedback with the Bose. I compared notes with Don Mason he too found that the Pa4x output runs hotter than the 3x did.

Good luck with it!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa4X All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: