Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How Do i access my korg ap4x 76 hard disk>

View previous topic :: View next topic  
hforough

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2016 6:58 pm    Post subject: How Do i access my korg ap4x 76 hard disk> Reply with quote

Hello There. I just purchased a korg pa4x 76 which comes with an internal hard disk. Last night I recorded an MP3 song and some how I managed to let it save to the HD. but now I;d like to put it on my flash drive. Isn't there a way for me to access the HD using my computer? if so, how do I do that? what kind of cable do I need to do that.

Thanks a million

Hamid
nitecrawler
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2016 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would say an easier approach would be to bring the Mp3 up in the Pa4x as if to play it.

Then bring up sequencer mode and put Mp3 in sequencer. hit the upper right hand tab and then save. then direct the saved mp3 to your jump drive. That is how it works in the Pa3xle, so probably the same in the Pa4x. Wink

Montage M7, Pa5x76, Nautilus, PA3Xle, Oasys 76, Mini-Moog, EMU Audity 2000, Motion Sound KBR 3D amp, Presonus and Reaper DAW W/Tannoy Reveal 501A powered monitors
Nemik
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2016 7:31 pm    Post subject: Re: How Do i access my korg ap4x 76 hard disk> Reply with quote

hforough wrote:
Hello There. I just purchased a korg pa4x 76 which comes with an internal hard disk. Last night I recorded an MP3 song and some how I managed to let it save to the HD. but now I;d like to put it on my flash drive. Isn't there a way for me to access the HD using my computer? if so, how do I do that? what kind of cable do I need to do that.

Thanks a million

Hamid

You need USB cable Type A to Type B, most printers use same one.
here is link :
http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/USBAB10

On Korg go to Media --> USB, choose Device and Enable connection, then your Korg Disk will be visible as a Disk Drive in Explorer.
Fl Studio 21, Ableton Live 10 Suite.
Korg Pa5x Sounds at Performers Heaven
hforough

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2016 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for all your responses. I did try the USB connection but I guess I forgot about enabling it. I will give it shot as well.
kenackr
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2016 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nightcrawler,

I've never heard the term "jump" drive before. Would you enlighten me as to what that is please?
nitecrawler
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2016 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Miss spoke. Thumb drive storage device would be a better term.

Montage M7, Pa5x76, Nautilus, PA3Xle, Oasys 76, Mini-Moog, EMU Audity 2000, Motion Sound KBR 3D amp, Presonus and Reaper DAW W/Tannoy Reveal 501A powered monitors
mintjamman
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2016 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or easier still go to media/copy. Here you can move/copy and delete files on all or any drive
Yamaha S90ES, Korg Triton Pro, EXB Moss, Roland XV5080, Korg EX8000, Korg Pa4x 76, Korg Kronos 88, Crumar MOJO, Logic Pro X, V Collection, Novation SL61,Vienna, Korg Pa4x , EC-5, Vienna, Arturia V Collection, Roland SC88 Pro, Roland D110, Alesis SR16, Alesis D4
hforough

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2016 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am afraid I cannot get any of the solutions offered to work. I tried loading the Mp3 into sequence it will not load. I guess it is expecting a midi

for the connection I attempted to connect my korg pa4x via the printed cable discussed earlier. when I go to media->USB I see two buttons ENABLE DISABLE which they both are grey. When I press on the ENABLE, then I cannot do anything and the DEVICE drop down becomes empty and disabled and nothing on the keyboard works.

when I press on the DISABLE and I have the computer connected, I hear it beep and at one point it even downloaded a device driver for the korg but then I don't see any additional drive created on my PC.

I don't know what else I can do to access the HD on my KORG.

thanks
musiccankill
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2016 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When you clicked ENABLE and the pa seemed to be locked up , the drive of the pa4x should be available to browse on your pc you have connected it to..!
The driver it requests when you DISABLE the usb connection is the midi driver that you can download from korg's website (may be inside the cd rom that came with the pa too but i don't have a pa4x to confirm the contents on the cd!)
Nemik
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2016 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If your computer is not recognizing Korg as a Storage Drive means cable is wrong or USB driver not correctly installed,
but you still can a copy to USB as mintjamman suggest.
go to media/ copy, find what you need , select, then Copy To and select destination on USB.
Fl Studio 21, Ableton Live 10 Suite.
Korg Pa5x Sounds at Performers Heaven
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2016 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Insert your flash drive
Go to MEDIA mode
Select "Copy" tab
Select your internal HD and locate the MP3 file(s)
Highlight and press copy to
Select USB flash drive and copy

Your files will be copied!!!

(Much easier than connecting to PC etc....)

Pete Very Happy
...and play lots of music Very Happy
------------------------------------------------------------------
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa4X All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: