Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

KORG'S CUSTOMER SERVICE
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sam CA
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2016 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not trying to boycott anything or anybody at all! I just want them to know how broken their "operational support" system is. At least that's the case with the arranger keyboards. I've also been a Korg workstation user for the past 25 years. I love KORG products and will continue to buy unless I see better alternatives.

Anyways, that's the only reason why I want to write to a higher authority...Not that it will make a difference but you never know.

kenackr
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2016 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sam,

I didn't mean to imply you were trying to boycott, I was trying to say that my experience is that you might have to before you get someone in KORG at the right level to listen.

It was not an attack on you. The fact is that Korg as I knew it, has completely changed to the point that they sure look like they are close to folding up the tent.

Like you, I have been a "loyal" Korg user for 20 plus years, long before arrangers were on the scene. I recognize they are trying to survive when the economy changed. So much of the R&D has gone by the way side. The world economy went up, down, and sideways and is still spinning on its head, out of control. Greece is not the lone ranger by any means.

When you're trying to make a living selling gidgets & gadets that sell for only 10 to 20% of the price of what you used to sell gear for somethings have to give. It is unfortunate that what seems to have been trashed is Customer Care.

For the record, I owned, operated, and sweated bullets for 10 years as an independent music store owner until both Mars & Guitar center located 3 miles from my store and were each spending $1million/month in advertising which I could never compete with.

It was a very sad day when I also saw what would be happening with the entire musical sales industry once the bloom was off the battle of the giants and everyone was getting hurt. When Customer Care dies only the rats are left.
Sam CA
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2016 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kenackr wrote:
Sam,

I didn't mean to imply you were trying to boycott,...

No worries...I didn't see your post as an attack on me any way. Just wanted to clear the confusion in general. Smile

Sam CA
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2016 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Giner wrote:
Sam, just google Korg CEO. It brings up the names of the top execs - names I'd never seen before.

Name Board Relationships. Title
Joseph Castronovo No Relationships President and Chief Executive Officer
Diana T. Cecchini 6 Relationships. Chief Financial Officer
Susan F. Paris No Relationships Human Resources Director
Mike Bradley No Relationships Director of Marketing

Korg USA, Inc.: CEO and Executives - Businessweek - Bloomberg
www.bloomberg.com › private › people

You've spoken to the 'oil rags', time to talk to the 'oil'. Good luck.

Thank you Giner....yeah, this is a good place to start from. I'll check'em out.

Sam CA
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 1:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So after exchanging a few e-mails with Korg USA, they finally advised me to call the authorized service center so they can check my keyboard. I called a few and after getting some confusing answers from some here's the best advise I got in regards to checking the video output of my Pa4x and comparing it to other keyboards:

They want to hold the keyboard for 2 to 3 weeks because they're very busy. But the best part is that they can NOT promise me they'll be able to do this for sure, because they might not have another keyboard to check my keyboard against. So most likely I'll end up getting back my scratched up keyboard in 3 weeks without an answer. Therefore they suggested that I should either contact KORG USA (as they have more access to these keyboards)!!! or maybe I should grab an older monitor with an RCA input and walk into the Guitar center (or another store that sells them) and connect it to a floor model to see if it's the output quality is the same as mine!!!

Korg USA and authorized service centers are having a lot of fun playing ping pong with my inquiry!

Nemik
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 2:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sam CA wrote:
So after exchanging a few e-mails with Korg USA, they finally advised me to call the authorized service center so they can check my keyboard. I called a few and after getting some confusing answers from some here's the best advise I got in regards to checking the video output of my Pa4x and comparing it to other keyboards:

They want to hold the keyboard for 2 to 3 weeks because they're very busy. But the best part is that they can NOT promise me they'll be able to do this for sure, because they might not have another keyboard to check my keyboard against. So most likely I'll end up getting back my scratched up keyboard in 3 weeks without an answer. Therefore they suggested that I should either contact KORG USA (as they have more access to these keyboards)!!! or maybe I should grab an older monitor with an RCA input and walk into the Guitar center (or another store that sells them) and connect it to a floor model to see if it's the output quality is the same as mine!!!

Korg USA and authorized service centers are having a lot of fun playing ping pong with my inquiry!

3d Faint ROFL Wacky
Fl Studio 21, Ableton Live 10 Suite.
Korg Pa5x Sounds at Performers Heaven
RC

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 1:24 pm    Post subject: kORG uSA Reply with quote

Sam
I had trouble with my Pa3x. All I got from Korg USA was the runaround. It took seven months for me to get a part to repair my screen. The keyboard was use less all this time. Every time I contacted Korg they would extend the shipping date. Refer to my Post in Pa3x forum BLANK SCREEN. Who ever makes the Keyboards has to sanction Korg Usa to be their Rep. I understand that they are the only people in the USA who sell parts for the keyboard. All other companies who have parts get thiers from Korg USA.
kenackr
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It makes the blood boil when you can't get a strait answer out of a company you've spent thousands of dollars with.

I'm sorry for their treatment of you, but don't feel like the Lone Ranger, I'm fairly certain they are now an equal opportunity abuser of their customers.

I WILL NEVER PURCHASE ANOTHER KORG PRODUCT !
Sam CA
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 4:34 am    Post subject: Re: kORG uSA Reply with quote

RC wrote:
Sam
I had trouble with my Pa3x. All I got from Korg USA was the runaround. It took seven months for me to get a part to repair my screen. The keyboard was use less all this time. Every time I contacted Korg they would extend the shipping date. Refer to my Post in Pa3x forum BLANK SCREEN. Who ever makes the Keyboards has to sanction Korg Usa to be their Rep. I understand that they are the only people in the USA who sell parts for the keyboard. All other companies who have parts get thiers from Korg USA.

Yes I knew about your case. So a happy ending after 7 months. Hopefully this is not gonna be the case for every little part that breaks from now on!

karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 5:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do owners of other Korg gear get this same treatment (or lack of) - like Kronos/Krome owners?
Is it just the arrangers?

I feel sorry for the great Korg Italy team who arduously design, create and maintain these superb arrangers.

I dread having a hardware problem but have to say that my PA2XPro "LED" problem was fixed quite quickly for free and out of warranty period.
Mainly thanks to a good retailer and service guy.

Cheers

Pete Very Happy
...and play lots of music Very Happy
------------------------------------------------------------------
Sam CA
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 6:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kenackr wrote:
It makes the blood boil when you can't get a strait answer out of a company you've spent thousands of dollars with...

It's hard to believe Korg USA can NOT find one person who could connect a Korg PA3x and a PA4x to a monitor and check the quality difference! What if you ask them a little more challenging technical question?

I get that most people will not use this option, but still this is an advertised feature!

I wasted so much time over this...I better give up and move on.

kenackr
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sam, I'm sure you know that's exactly what they want you to do, but I do understand your frustration. You have to do what you feel you should.

Korg, if your reading this, you need to understand this is how to throw previously loyal customers away, perhaps never to return.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa4X All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: