Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Loading OS failed message.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ryumexicano

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2016 10:20 pm    Post subject: Loading OS failed message. Reply with quote

Hi Everyone. I was recently about to place when someone disconnected my M3. Since then, I had the "internal memory" error. I Went to USB storage mode and formatted the memory and now I get the "Loading OS failed" message. I opened the keyboard and extracted the SD and transferred the files to another SD (with adapter) and it does the same. I am not sure if transferring the same files from the original is the problem because the files are corrupt, but that didn't work.

Any suggestions? I want to open my keyboard today and try to load the OS again. The download link at Korg doesn't work and I can't find it. Is there someone that could kindly share their SD data, intact? I will try to do it tonight again. I am not sure what is wrong. I feel desperate at this point.

Thanks Sad Confused Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad
Bald Eagle
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2016 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try this link ...

http://i.korg.com/SupportPage.aspx?productid=280
Ryumexicano

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2016 5:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for your reply. I tried many OS on the SD card, but it wouldn't go past the Loading OS Screen. I had to take it to a Tech today and hope for the best. I hope this can be fixed soon and not very expensive.
Thanks Sad
Ryumexicano

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to update everyone, I was able to resolve the problem. This is what we did to fix the "OS LOADING FAILED" message thing.

--Get a working M3, open it up and pull out the SD card that is installed inside the keyboard. All you do is open the module up and DO NOT pull the bottom part abruptly, because it's connected to the boards and insides. Carefully remove it and set aside. You will see the SD. Push it in and pull it out.

--Get to a computer that reads SD cards and copy all the files from the WORKING Korg M3's SD card and put it in a folder. Rename it whatever.

--Pull the SD card (or new one no bigger than 2GIG) from the NON-WORKING M3 and put it in the computer. Erase all the contents from the card and format the SD card to FAT32 format. Use tools if you have to format to this specific FAT32.

--Once the empty card is on FAT32 format, transfer the working files from the folder you made to this card and BOOM, IT SHOULD WORK!

I am explaining this because no one could help me. No techs could help me. Some said the motherboard was burned. Others said that they had to order parts. Others said they didn't have the tools to load the OS. I mean, these guys really need to update and not be stuck with Korg M1's. All of them charged $100 per hour and $60 just for looking at the keyboard. They were all Korg authorized....

Any way, I knew this was a simple solution. Your best bet is to use the files from a WORKING KORG M3. Don't use anything you find on the internet--downloads from there. Is best to use those files. If anybody needs those files, I can provide them. No one seemed to have them here. Thanks for those that tried to help. Thanks.
plhktradoros

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 1:22 pm    Post subject: korg m3 files sd Reply with quote

hi i need files from sd i have same problem Sad
iowagold
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 5:27 pm    Post subject: try this link for the new os Reply with quote

try this link for the new oshttp://i.korg.com/uploads/Download/USA_M3XP_V205_E1.zip
load that on a new sd card.
Current Gear: korg m3 expanded radias firewire 88 key Radias r on mat, korg radias r on mat on 61 key bed, Korg triton rack w 96mb ram scsi port, 5) korg RADIAS-R on big rack, korg kaossilator pro plus, 6) roland integra7, 4 Roland sc55, 2 roland sb55, 5) fostex 2016, behringer fx2000, 2) roland a800 pro, 2) roland a88 and 2) a49, roland juno, Doepfer MAQ 16/3, 2 Manikin Electronic Schrittmacher, most soft synths. cake walk all old and new versions.
3 schecter guitars, 3 elevenracks, most mxr effects, 2 zoom r24, avid pro tools 11.
MRT midi Breath Controller. 6 studio rooms.
plhktradoros

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 7:30 pm    Post subject: korg m3 problem no loading os Reply with quote

i have operating system 2.0.5 but no open to upgrade to global menu:(

any help?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg M3 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: