Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

pa900.....REPLACEMENT.....?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa900/Pa3X Le
View previous topic :: View next topic  
advid

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2016 9:13 am    Post subject: pa900.....REPLACEMENT.....? Reply with quote

..is there likely to be a replacement for the existing PA900..perhaps a PA950 or whatever in the near future ? What is the 'replacement' times of Korg keyboard products generally..... Is the PA900 due for a newer model soon ?
chelsea4023

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2016 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

The PA900 is basically an extremely cut down version of the PA3X, although when you listen to the sounds some are virtually identical.

The replacement would have to be a cut down PA4X. I think it's far too early to expect a replacement. Maybe 12-18 months time would be my estimate.
One relevant point is that I think the PA900, as good as it is (and I own one) has not been as popular as perhaps Korg would have liked. The PA600 appears to have outsold it, and now the PA300 looks to be quite popular.

The guy who I bought my PA900 from had been trying to sell his for at least nine months. I paid £600 for it, home use only, in immaculate condition.

I know of two dealers in the U.K. who are trying to sell used PA900's for £1,100 and have advertised them for months. Shame really as it's a cracking keyboard. I've just bought a PA4X and my PA900 is going nowhere !!

Chris
chelsea4023

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2016 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Advid,

Sorry, the point I should have made in the previous post is that Korg might decide not to make a PA900 replacement due to lack of sales of the original PA900.

Chris
duby2
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 12:21 am    Post subject: 950 Reply with quote

I would Love to see korg pa950 or pa1000 a cut down of the pa4x , Pa4x Le,,, I would buy one now , I have a 900 now and it work great,,,, but , It cant read my pa4x files... Booooo ,,Even microsoft word 2003 can read old and new word files and Microsoft works cheap program can do it,,,,
now if korg made a styles convert program to go back to the old keyboard pa80 or pa300 ,pa900 , and if korg use a General MIDI sound ( yes it might not sound as good but it a start) but it would be styles in General MIDI , I think we would All love it , and Korg could make this littles program, to do this , and what does Korg say ,,,again after no response, Sad
Nemik
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 1:04 am    Post subject: Re: 950 Reply with quote

duby2 wrote:
I would Love to see korg pa950 or pa1000 a cut down of the pa4x , Pa4x Le,,, I would buy one now , I have a 900 now and it work great,,,, but , It cant read my pa4x files... Booooo ,,Even microsoft word 2003 can read old and new word files and Microsoft works cheap program can do it,,,,
now if korg made a styles convert program to go back to the old keyboard pa80 or pa300 ,pa900 , and if korg use a General MIDI sound ( yes it might not sound as good but it a start) but it would be styles in General MIDI , I think we would All love it , and Korg could make this littles program, to do this , and what does Korg say ,,,again after no response, Sad

Korg Pa4x Styles never going sound good on older models.
Pa4x use over 5GB new Factory samples, different way to route FX and other improvements, even if you have convert program will not sound right.
Also you got to understand how Marketing strategy works, if Korg give free styles convert program and/or put on market cheaper version of Pa4x, will be suicide mission, ... sorry to say this, but it is what it is, you pay for what you got it. Wink

Is apply not only to keyboards, is everywhere, cars, homes, electronics etc. Laughing
Fl Studio 12, Ableton Live 10 Suite.
Performers Heaven
chelsea4023

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Duby 2 and Nemik,

This is only my personal opinion, but anybody who has a Korg PA900, PA600 or PA3XLE and does not have Dopamine 2.6 Set loaded onto it is missing out on so much. Hundreds more styles, hundreds of new pads, lots more sounds and lots more performances.
Total cost in £, U.K.= 0.00.
I'm not sure how much that is converted into Euros or $ U.S. Dollars. Very Happy Very Happy

Chris
Korg Fan #1

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2017 3:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/Pa1000

BRAND NEW PA1000 AND PA700!!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa900/Pa3X Le All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: