Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Korg nanokontrol studio mini review

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg - Apple iPad Software Section
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hankastral

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 4:13 pm    Post subject: Korg nanokontrol studio mini review Reply with quote

Just got a korg nanokontrol studio. Anyone else have one?

I specifically bought it for gadget and my feelings about are mixed to be honest.

Bluetooth works great. Gadget sees it immediately and they both sync brilliantly.

But it is hardwired to gadgets mixer. You cannot create your own mappings (as far as I can tell at least). Even the scenes function doesn't work.
Also (like a lot of mackie control devices to be fair to korg) it is not very practical to control more than 8 tracks. You can get to these tracks by pressing the right track key but you only move up in track increments of one which means that you get lost pretty quickly because track 1 is now 2, 2 is now 3 etc. So if you want to control more than 8 tracks you may need two of these controllers or (as I'm going to try) use the nanokontrol for tracks 1-8 and the screen for 9-16.

Overall though it does add to the fun. Here is a jam of me using it with gadget on youtube: https://youtu.be/i-5Wnl7vLkY
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg - Apple iPad Software Section All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: