Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Electribe Version 2?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Disastrous

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2016 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just get an 'Invalid File' error when I try and load the update. Anyone else?

I've definitely got the one for the E2S and I've deleted the previous update off the SD card and replaced it with the most recent but no joy.

Am I missing something?
Steeplemouth

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2016 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you installed the previous update that is required for the latest update to work? Version 1.16 I think it was. It's available on the Korg website where the latest update is.
Disastrous

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2016 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ignore me - I had missed out 1.16 and apparently you need to go incrementally. Sorted now!
Disastrous

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2016 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steeplemouth wrote:
Have you installed the previous update that is required for the latest update to work? Version 1.16 I think it was. It's available on the Korg website where the latest update is.

That was exactly it - thank you Smile
Loudest

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2016 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poumtschak wrote:
There's a new warning message when Pattern Lock is on : it stays like forever when you accidentally touch the value button.
Gotta press exit to have the screen back to normal. That's annoying to say the least.

And when choosing the pattern to chain, no circular menus to quickly reach the next pattern (shift + scroll helps though).
But having the pattern number and pattern name on the same line means there's no enough display real estate to show the full pattern name. Face palm

Really??

it's a joke...

I have my answer : they DON'T use their products...
I cannot see any other explanation.
Confused
burzum

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2016 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has anyone tried if the swappable firmware trick is possible with this upgrade?
Or if it's possible to downgrade to an earlier version?
CH7

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2016 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

burzum wrote:
Has anyone tried if the swappable firmware trick is possible with this upgrade?
Or if it's possible to downgrade to an earlier version?

I had an email from Victor Sanahuja

Blog: http://piscue.com
Youtube: http://youtube.com/piscue

"From what I know there is no way to rollback to previous firmware and hack to sampler again. If you want the sampler version working for you, please don’t try this 2.02 software and the consequent upgrades."

So i am guessing this move by Korg, to relaunch the units as these very distinct units, means they have also taken steps to close that 'switch' in the firmware.

The question now is, assuming you have a choice of upgrade paths, which would you upgrade to? The Sampler, or the Music Station? Sample manipulation, or the better filters?
Spectromat

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2016 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CH7 wrote:
The question now is, assuming you have a choice of upgrade paths, which would you upgrade to?

Do you mean with a E2 hacked into E2S we can upgrade and lock into the new 2.02 sampler firmware?
bazz

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2016 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I updated my electribe2 yesterday. I had high hopes, but it disappointed me massively when I noticed parameter values in pattern chaining were not kept as they were, but jumped to whatever was stored in the destination pattern.

E.g. link pattern 1 to 2 and 2 to 1, fiddle with the cutoff on one of the tracks, when the sequence starts the linked pattern, the cutoff value will be that of the linked pattern. what's the use of linked patterns then..
jbvdb493

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2016 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bazz wrote:
I updated my electribe2 yesterday. I had high hopes, but it disappointed me massively when I noticed parameter values in pattern chaining were not kept as they were, but jumped to whatever was stored in the destination pattern.

E.g. link pattern 1 to 2 and 2 to 1, fiddle with the cutoff on one of the tracks, when the sequence starts the linked pattern, the cutoff value will be that of the linked pattern. what's the use of linked patterns then..

It just goes from one pattern to the saved state of the next one, I dont see why anyone expected more than that
bazz

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2016 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It just is not convenient if you try to do some live performance.
captain johnson

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2016 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jbvdb493 wrote:
bazz wrote:

It just goes from one pattern to the saved state of the next one, I dont see why anyone expected more than that

Excuse my ignorance but enabling event recorder on a chain, is that possible and would this solve the irk people have with parameter changes etc.......
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Electribe All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: