Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

problem with Korg AX1500G LED display

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Guitar Effects and Tuners
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jcarndt

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 12:04 am    Post subject: problem with Korg AX1500G LED display Reply with quote

Hello all,

I recently bought a used AX1500G on ebay, and after I plugged it in I noticed that the LED display that shows patch name, values, etc, seems to be very weak and hard to read. Is this normal ?
Has anyone here experienced this, and if so is there a solution for this ?
rockingronny

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 1:09 pm    Post subject: KORG AX 1500G DISPLAY Reply with quote

Hi-I have the same problem with my AX1500g I purchased a new display from Korg and fitted it, but it did not make any difference! It is a shame because it makes it very difficult to use. If there is some kind of adjustment please advise.
mikanb

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 9:42 pm    Post subject: problem with Korg AX1500G LED display Reply with quote

You have to replace two red LED's located on the left and right side of the display (soldered on the PCB). That will solve your problem completely, there is no need to replace the display.

Mirko Bjelica.

Last edited by mikanb on Fri May 13, 2016 5:31 pm; edited 2 times in total
stevealfa

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2015 9:56 am    Post subject: problem with Korg AX1500G LED display Reply with quote

Hi I have same problem - I looked at PCB but there are no LEDs either side of the dsplay - any other suggestions?
mikanb

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2016 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes there are LED's, otherwise you'll have no visibility on the display. I replaced original red smd LED's with the ordinary cold white ones (type 5050) and got even better effect and a lot better visibility when used in a bright environment. Take a look at the pictures of my AX1500G as a reference...
[/img]
UnemployedExpert

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2016 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mikanb wrote:
Yes there are LED's, otherwise you'll have no visibility on the display. I replaced original red smd LED's with the ordinary cold white ones (type 5050) and got even better effect and a lot better visibility when used in a bright environment. Take a look at the pictures of my AX1500G as a reference...
[/img]

Very nicely done!

I have the same problem, and I'm looking for replacement LED's on digikey. Can you tell me which ones you used? I'm overwhelmed at the billion LED's on digikey.
mikanb

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2016 6:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used a type 5050 (see the picture below, the one in the middle) since those could fit under the display and had perfect brightness for this purpose.

Just let those guys at digikey know that you want a LED type 5050 with the color "cold white" and they will know what to provide.
I hope this helps.
UnemployedExpert

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2016 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mikanb wrote:
I used a type 5050 (see the picture below, the one in the middle) since those could fit under the display and had perfect brightness for this purpose.

Just let those guys at digikey know that you want a LED type 5050 with the color "cold white" and they will know what to provide.
I hope this helps.

Okay thanks. I was trying to find an exact replacement, but I can see how this gets the job done too.

A curious question I have though.. why were the original LED's failing?? Seems like LED failure really isn't common!
mikanb

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2016 5:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, you are right, LED's should work much more longer than those originally installed on AX1500, Engineers from Korg should check this out for future devices, maybe the resistor which regulates electrical current through the LED is too small and it burns LED sooner that it should.
You will see that also other red LED's on the processor, the ones above the pedals, above the potentiometers and below the rotary switches, will start to glow differently over the time. I asume that, it is a factory bug. Maybe the LED's were some low cost. Who knows.
mikanb

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Few forum members reported that they can not see the picture of the display I posted few years ago, most probably due to a broken link from the image hosting server so here it is attached again...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Guitar Effects and Tuners All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: