Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Midi control of remote synth by Oasys

View previous topic :: View next topic  
rossb

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2016 10:36 am    Post subject: Midi control of remote synth by Oasys Reply with quote

Hi
Can anyone tell me how/if to get the Oasys combi's to trigger other synths? I'm trying to trigger an old Yamaha EX7 with notes from an oasys combi but the data just doesn't seem to be getting through.

Thanks

Ross
Mike Conway
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2016 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A combi will transmit the Global MIDI Channel, which is usually defaulted to channel 1. To change the channel go to GLOBAL --- MIDI page. Make sure your EX7 has something on channel 1.

I usually play external synths from Sequencer mode and change MIDI Tracks (channels) there. You can copy an entire combi into Sequence mode by using the ENTER and REC/WRITE buttons.
rossb

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2016 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Mike I'm beginning to get it. This is a real complicated machine!!
Ross
X-Trade

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2016 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you can actually put a COMBI timbre in EXT or EXT2 mode, and set the MIDI channel to the channel of your sound module.

Then you can go and set the program number from the Oasys combi, along with sending volume and pan, and use the MIDI Filter and key/vel ranges to incorporate the external sound module into a full combi setup.

I tend to do this on the Kronos with my Moog Sub37 connected over MIDI to have bass and lead splits for each song we play live, already set up with the correct program and MIDI synced just by selecting the right combi.
Software: NI Komplete 10 Ultimate, Arturia V Collection, Ableton Live 9. Apple OSX El Capitan on 15" MacBook Pro
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Oasys All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: