Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

WHY ISN'T KROSS WORKING IN MY DAW

View previous topic :: View next topic  
MITCHA

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 12:49 pm    Post subject: WHY ISN'T KROSS WORKING IN MY DAW Reply with quote

Hey all,

I read the manual for MIDI set up, and apparently if you insert the korg kross synth to a DAW it WONT play unless u also set up some in and out lines through ur interface etc. etc.

BUT I'VE DONE THIS and my god its been one month now every day i try a little more but it STILL WONT RECORD AS AUDIO. I can only save the MIDI data and this is no good for sharing with people who do not own the korg kross.

Please, has anyone successfully recorded their midi data onto their DAW, and been able to save it as audio (whether by bouncing the track or what have you).

I paid freakin crap loads for this machine and the one thing it wont do is the one thing i bought it for. Fuming.

PLEASE heeeelp!!! Sad Sad
DeltaJockey

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure what DAW you are using....but just to confirm,

The Kross doesn't have USB audio into the DAW.
If you want to record the audio out from the Kross programs, you have to route the line out from the Kross audio jacks to the line in of your computer,
If you are controlling the Kross sound generation from the DAW via USB midi,
you can use the Kross as a DAW plugin softsynth,
but you still have to record the audio either in the DAW as audio input channels or some other audio recording software.

Chris
Dragan

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2016 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Mitcha,

what DAW are you using? How familiar are you with your DAW?
I'm asking this because Kross isn't really much different as most synths out there.
Actually Kross gives you a plethora of possibilities to record music, here to name just a few:

1) you can record audio directly to SD-card (easiest option, you'll just need a simple SD-card for this action)

2) you can record audio directly to DAW (you'll need an audio interface and some audio cables for this, and a computer off course)

3) you can record MIDI to DAW and edit it there to perfection, after that you can play (& record) the MIDI-notes back on the Kross (for this job you need a USB- or MIDI-cable and MIDI-capable audio-interface plus audio cables and computer with a DAW)

Nr. 3 is where the magic begins, because working this way you can change instruments (voices), tempo & pitch etc.

Maybe Kross just gives too many options for one simple task! Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> KORG Kross All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: