Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Touchscreen problems

View previous topic :: View next topic  
black_wolf83

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2016 10:12 am    Post subject: Touchscreen problems Reply with quote

Hello friends.
I come to you for the following reason . For more than a month ago, my Korg Trinit to some anomalies presented on your screen . Everything works, but aesthetically looks great . horizontal lines appeared . I do not know why. I hope some of you can help me .
Thank you very much.

ErnstDabest

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2016 3:35 am    Post subject: Re: Touchscreen problems Reply with quote

Ouch ! could be a power issue.. dying or dead battery that needs to be replaced perhaps?
Have you tried doing a factory reset?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 9:02 am    Post subject: Re: Touchscreen problems Reply with quote

ErnstDabest wrote:
Ouch ! could be a power issue.. dying or dead battery that needs to be replaced perhaps?
Have you tried doing a factory reset?

I do not think that is low battery because in my Korg Triton Extreme had that problem, but never appeared those lines on the touch screen, but threw a notice on the screen.
I've never done factory reset. I do not dare to do it because I have no way to support my sounds.
yoshi88

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2016 5:25 am    Post subject: Re: Touchscreen problems Reply with quote

The LCD and touch screen form the display unit.

One layer is glass digitizer held by tape onto the LCD.

If the touchscreen still is responsive after going to the global menu and recalibrating the touchscreen,,, then I would suggest checking the flexible ribbon cable may not be properly seated first before replacing the LCD / digitizer screen assembly.

black_wolf83 wrote:
Hello friends.
I come to you for the following reason . For more than a month ago, my Korg Trinit to some anomalies presented on your screen . Everything works, but aesthetically looks great . horizontal lines appeared . I do not know why. I hope some of you can help me .
Thank you very much.

voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2016 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This pattern of screen malfunction is usually due to poor contacts between screen and driver PCB, or a faulty driver chip. Getting access to the screen to do something about it is a pain because just about everything else has to come out to get at it.

Cleaning the contacts doesn't look like an option so a replacement screen is probably the way to go. Prices vary widely ($15 - $249).

carlostau

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2016 10:29 am    Post subject: LCD Lines fix Reply with quote

Hello.
I had the same problem with a Trinity I purchased online. The seller "forgot" to mention it.
Since I am a repair tech I figured it might be an easy fix
Anyway, the lines on the lcd are usually related to poor contact in the ribbon cable.
These instructions assume you have some basic tech skills and are not intended to an average user.
You will have to remove the bottom cover and then the main board located right in the center of the unit. Make sure you label the connectors before unplugging them so you know where each go afterwards.
Once you remove the main board you will have access to the LCD ribbon. You can unplug the ribbon it by simply pulling.
Inspect the contacts and look for grime in the ribbon pins. In my case, the last pin was almost black and that was what was causing the issue. I ended up soldering that one to the board with wire wrap. But you can try using a contact cleaner product.
Re attach the ribbon and put everything back.
Lines should be gone.
While on it, you might want to replace the soldered battery with a new one with a battery holder. Take into account that you might loose your data if you do that.
Hope this helps
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Trinity All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: