Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Korg Nanokontrol 2 triggers audio sounds when activated??

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kontrol49, microKontrol, padKontrol, nano and K series controllers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FunkFact

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2016 5:01 pm    Post subject: Korg Nanokontrol 2 triggers audio sounds when activated?? Reply with quote

Hi

Just installed the NanoKontrol2 and set it up as per instructions to work with Cubase Pro 8.5. Works fine, however, whenever I press any of the keys they activate sounds in the instruments channel?

Any suggestions on how I can stop this happening?

Thanks in advance.
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2016 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to check that this is the part of the instructions that have been done:

1. While pressing and holding down the SET MARKER and REW (<<)
buttons, connect the USB cable from your computer to the
nanoKONTROL2.
2. Open the “Device setting” window in Cubase, and add “Mackie
Control.”
3. Select nanoKONTROL2 for the MIDI In/Out ports used by “Mackie
Control.”

FunkFact

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2016 10:25 pm    Post subject: Yup! Did all that Reply with quote

Thank you for your reply.

I followed the instructions from the manual which was what you said.

What is happening is that the Channel Fader operates the Pitch Wheel, Play button triggers the note A#5 on the intrument, Stop A5, Forward G#5, Rewind G5, Cycle D5 for example?

Do I have to do something in the Korg Kontrol Editor or somewhere else?
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2016 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't have Cubase to test this, but it sounds like Cubase is interpreting the MIDI data from the nanoKONTROL2 as MIDI note info rather than control messages. Is the MIDI IN in the Cubase Device Setting window set to "nanoKONTROL2 1 SLIDER/KNOB" ? If it's there as an option, try that setting.

Was the nanoKONTROL2 brand new, or is it possible someone may have altered the control mapping?

It is possible to restore the nanoKONTROL2 to factory default settings by holding down the PREV TRACK button, NEXT TRACK button, and CYCLE button whilst powering up the device. The reset will take a good few seconds, during which time the power should not be turned off. Once the factory reset is complete, the transport buttons (apart from CYCLE) will blink.

Just one other thought. The nanoKONTROL2 is quite fussy about the power it gets from the USB. Some computers output less than 5V on the USB supply pins, sufficiently so to cause the controller to malfunction. Using a powered USB hub between computer and controller might resolve issues arising from too little power being available.

FunkFact

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2016 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you kindly for your reply.

In answer to paragraph one the answer is Yes, those were the setting showing.

The nanKontrol2 is brand new out of the box.

Tried your factory reset idea and now it doesn't function at all. Checked all the settings and don't understand why? Got it working again by doing the power on and holding SET MARKER and REWIND, however, the buttons work but don't light up now and still trigger midi notes?

Finally, it is running via a powered USB Hub but did the same thing when directly connected.

Awaiting your advice...
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2016 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just so I understand this correctly, does the nanoKONTROL2 operate correctly with a powered hub, but not when connected directly to the computer?

FunkFact

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was the same, but I finally found the issue in Cubase 8.5.

I had to go to the Device Setup / Midi Port Setup and untick the In 'All MIDI Inputs' for the nanoKONTROL2 SLIDER/KNOB. This seems to have resolved the issue.

Now I am trying to work out how to do the same in Logic Pro X. Any ideas?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kontrol49, microKontrol, padKontrol, nano and K series controllers All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: