Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

EXHALE synth by Output macro slider control by Nanokontrol2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kontrol49, microKontrol, padKontrol, nano and K series controllers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
soularflair

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2016 11:23 am    Post subject: EXHALE synth by Output macro slider control by Nanokontrol2 Reply with quote

So I've got the Nanokontrol2 communicating with Exhale...
I've linked the first 4 Nanokontrol2 faders to the 4 Exhale macro sliders...however, at present each macro slider only jumps from one end to the other...it does not move smoothly like the Nanokontrol2 fader itself does.
I have tried various values in both the "flags" columns in the device setup screen in Cubase, but none gives me a smooth fader movement.

For the record, all my drivers are all up-to-date - I uninstalled and reinstalled all the Korg drivers.

Below is a device setup screenshot from within Cubase, if that's any help.

Thank you in advance!
the-nizzle

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This sounds like a PICK UP MODE which I don't think you can do with GENERIC REMOTE setting? It also sounds like your faders are acting "momentary" or they are JUMPING from min to max and not giving you full throw.

Experiment by adding something other than GENERIC REMOTE and look for PICK UP MODE check box option, I know I have seen it.

This is very interesting screen cap where you have the actual KONTAKT device listed there along with what looks like season one of the show Hannibal. =)

I have never been into that setting in Cubase to make changes while I had a big project running, I have only set my mapping up with an EMPTY project. This gives me some new ideas and stuff to try when I get home!!
soularflair

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 2:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the-nizzle wrote:
This sounds like a PICK UP MODE which I don't think you can do with GENERIC REMOTE setting? It also sounds like your faders are acting "momentary" or they are JUMPING from min to max and not giving you full throw.

Experiment by adding something other than GENERIC REMOTE and look for PICK UP MODE check box option, I know I have seen it.

Thanks for the response.

As far as other things to add the Nanokontrol as rather than "generic remote", there is only Mackie products, or other non-Korg products...and I see no mention anywhere of this "Pick-up mode" checkbox you speak of.

I should add that I have made contact with the synth maker (Output) and they say they see no reason why it shouldn't be working with the settings I have at present.

One thing extra I've noticed is that it is continually saying my Nanokontrol driver is corrupted. No matter how many times I uninstall and reinstall, if I go into "Korg uninstall USB MIDI device" just to look it keeps saying "Corrupted" in brackets next to it (I have a Nanopad as well...it says that's corrupted as well Mad )

Last edited by soularflair on Wed Sep 21, 2016 3:46 am; edited 1 time in total
the-nizzle

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 3:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Pick-up mode button will show up on the Track Quick Controls. I am using Cubase Pro 8.5 and that is where mine are. For Quick Controls I only have the 8 rotaries there but i am using taktile49
soularflair

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got it to work...it was the "address" column that was incorrectly labelled originally.

So now that I got it working I attempted (unsuccessfully) to record automation data for the macros, within Cubase. For example, I have assigned CC#1 to the first fader. If I record enable automation for the track in question in Cubase and move the fader, no automation is recorded. I tried to manually draw in the automation data just to test that that would still control the first fader in EXHALE, and that does not work either.
I can HEAR the changes as the fader moves, but when played back the changes are absent, hence, were not recorded.

Any ideas for solving this new problem? Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kontrol49, microKontrol, padKontrol, nano and K series controllers All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: