Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

KORG T3 UPDATE

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Synths (General)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
T3-MAZTER

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2016 9:02 pm    Post subject: KORG T3 UPDATE Reply with quote

Okay, so im new to this Korg Forum, and i have to say its rather weird to navigate this, i cant pinpoint specific topics but okay!😒

Ive had im Korg T3, for about 4-5 years. And ive just recently did the maintenance of everything, keys..keybed.. Switches... I also did a screen upgrade replacement to L.E.D and plastidpped certain parts of the board, very nice.

Im completely upgrading my T3 and, next up is the floppy Fisk drive, and this might be a long shot but im thinking a hard drive could replace the floppy drive, that way you could access all your files at any given moment..( Sounds, Sequences, Etc.) again..its a crazy idea!

Im working on some arranging some new sounds to replace others, patches I dont use to substitute ones I would use for my setting.

Feel free to comment or ask for pictures.😉👍
YouTube: Jose Depaz
dfahrner
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 3:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I replaced the floppy disk drive on a Korg PA50 arranger with a USB interface...USB flash disks had to be formatted in a non-standard way so that they looked like a whole lot of floppy disks, selected by a switch (?) on the front panel, which was the same size as the 3-1/2" floppy drive...these are still available, and might work on a T3 (I think someone successfully installed one in a T2, essentially the same machine)...a web search would get you more information, or maybe a search of this forum...

A hard disk drive has a completely different interface and couldn't be used...

df
T3-MAZTER

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 3:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ive seen some people post those floppy emulators, some.of them are just priced like a bank account too,lol.

Remember, years back floppy emulators were like rare to see, and yet everybody said it couldn't be done, there was no way and I mean now companies and people have invested to supply some sort of demand when their wasn't one in the past.

I know this has been done with a triton before, Triton Classic or the Studio version, instead of loading samples via floppy drive the guy used a hard drive with a SCSI cable and he uploaded samples from Rolands, Korg keyboards and more! I know at the point, Korg had been using universal floppy drives for the classics so it was easy to swap one out and get a new one and cost was okay for a new floppy drive.
T3-MAZTER

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 3:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not only that but, im pretty sure you can recall factory presets with that mod as well, I dont see why not you know...but this idea just struck my imagination!🤔🤔🤔
dfahrner
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 4:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are some expensive USB floppy replacement drive on eBay, but there are cheap ones too, like $25 - $40...I think I used a cheap Gotek unit on the PA50, or maybe it was a Sunwin...it literally just plugged into the instrument's floppy interface and power cables, and with the USB flash disk formatted with the supplied software tools, everything just worked and I think it could hold almost a hundred floppy disks...

The only things I've seen about hooking up a hard disk drive to older Korg synths required significant motherboard modifications...good luck with that, you'll need it...

df

_____

Edit: Do 3-1/2 floppy drives even have separate power cables? Ancient history, it's been a long time, hmmm...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Synths (General) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: