Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

NanoKey Studio vs Taktile for Gadfet?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kontrol49, microKontrol, padKontrol, nano and K series controllers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Telstar5

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 6:22 am    Post subject: NanoKey Studio vs Taktile for Gadfet? Reply with quote

nonoKey Studio vs Taktile for Gadget?

I was wondering if Taktile played as nice w Gadget as NonoKey Studio seems to?
YamahaForums

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bit late to this one but yes it does. I have used both the nanokey Studio and Taktile with Gadget and they are both fine.

If I were choosing right now I would go for Taktile as it's more versatile with it's complement of faders, more pads, ribbon controller and hardware pitch bend and mod wheels. Plus it has what you might call "proper keys" as opposed to the hard plastic "switches" on the nanoKey

Really depends on your own preferences.
hgu

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2016 1:42 pm    Post subject: Taktile transport control in Gadget Reply with quote

Hi!
Can I control Gadget with the transport controls on Taktile?

Best,
Hans
YamahaForums

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2016 2:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Taktile transport control in Gadget Reply with quote

hgu wrote:
Hi!
Can I control Gadget with the transport controls on Taktile?

Best,
Hans

Taktile can control all the instruments in Gadget so you should be fine. Was there something specifically you wanted to do?
hgu

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2016 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, just wanted to know if the transport knobs work as with the Nanokontrol (play/stop/rec) and if the chord mode works as with the Nanokey Studio.
YamahaForums

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2016 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahh ok I see what you mean. Make sure you have a Taktile with System 2.0 and then download the Gadget template from the Korg website.
hgu

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2016 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So your answer is yes.
I read in another forum that the templates only controlled the instruments and not the Gadget player (DAW) in itself.
YamahaForums

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2016 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hgu wrote:
So your answer is yes.
I read in another forum that the templates only controlled the instruments and not the Gadget player (DAW) in itself.

Well just to make absolutely sure I have just fired off an email to a contact at Korg so I should be able to supply a definitive answer soon, unless someone else knows for sure in the meantime?
YamahaForums

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2016 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good thing I checked with Korg, this is what they say.

Quote:
Taktile isn't the best match for iPad as TAKTILE will not work from bus power, it can be done with a powered hub but by this point it's getting a bit messy. I would probably suggest a nanoKONTROL ST as this works seamlessly and cable free via BLE.

If the user is wanting a MIDI controller keyboard, he has plenty of options via the camera kit. Again the type of keyboard is a matter of preference as he may be happy with mini keys, laptop type as on the NANOs, or he may even want full size.

Personally the bus power thing was never an issue for me as I wasn't using Gadget away from my desk but it is definitely something worth considering if your looking at using TAKTILE with it. Also I am gathering from the fact that they didn't specifically mention the transport controls that this is not something that can be relied upon to work.
hgu

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2016 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many thanks for trying to help!
However, the answer is very odd as Korg changed the Taktile with system version 2 to enable a low-power mode that works with an iPad.
http://www.korg.com/us/support/download/software/0/143/1495/
But, if they don´t want me to buy their stuff...
It´s a pity as it would have been very nice to have have it all in one unit with a decent keyboard instead of the toys (Nanokey Studio) they produce.

Best,
Hans
gamanimate

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2016 4:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi ! Any news about using Taktile with Gadget ? Was the "transport controls" issue solved ? ( I mean, can you control play/stop/loop/etc from the Taktile transport buttons to enhance the worrkflow ? ) has Korg updated something about using Taktile with Gadget ? I searched on youtube for a video where someone use Taktile with Gadget, but, no luck at all ! I can't believe this .. Thanks in advance ! Gabriel
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kontrol49, microKontrol, padKontrol, nano and K series controllers All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: