Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Triton Classic has distorted sound on most patches

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton Classic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
artist907

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2016 6:33 pm    Post subject: Triton Classic has distorted sound on most patches Reply with quote

My first post, I have a mint condition Triton Classic that was gifted to me which has distorted sound on many, if not most of the patches. I got it this way, I sure would like to figure it out if I can.

I'm an electronics tech but not familiar with instrument electronics, I did open it up and visually things look fine. It literally looks new. I reseated the cables I could reach without taking boards out, and measured the power supply outputs which were 4.92v, and near 15v and -15v.

When I run the diagnostic, enter and 5 key and power on, I get MIDI and PCIF with "Error Step 1, and PCM ROM also returns "Error Step 1.

My fear is the PCM ROM may be corrupted. I tried initializing it, and the default sounds also sound bad.

Any tips on troubleshooting further would be appreciated!
artist907

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2016 7:35 pm    Post subject: PCM ROM(s) Location? Reply with quote

So far I have not figured out the location of the PCM ROM(s). One post I found mentioned that the early Triton Classic units had 4 PCM ROM's, and later units had 1 I think, the serial number of my unit is 5984, pretty small number!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton Classic All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: