Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

PC wont recognise Kross, neither will editor/vst: SOLVED

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kcearl

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 2:17 pm    Post subject: PC wont recognise Kross, neither will editor/vst: SOLVED Reply with quote

Ive been at this for hours. Following the instruction, installed, uninstalled, reinstalled in different combinations. Tried different usb ports, cables, usb to midi...no joy

Ive never been so frustrated with a piece of software, Am I missing something incredibly obvious?

Ive the latest drivers etc, Im on win 8.1...the Kross is fully functional otherwise but I have no room to have it in my temp studio so I want to use it as a sound module. Please help, Id hate to sell it because of a stupid setup problem

Last edited by Kcearl on Tue Nov 01, 2016 5:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Kcearl

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I should say the usb port recognises theres a Kross attached, the driver setup recognises the Kross is there. But in the manual it says that the setup should start automatically and that restart will be asked fior, neither happen, I have to do it manually. Ableton doesnt recognise it as a device either
Kcearl

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mac works fine...grrr Evil or Very Mad
rammstein

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2016 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i read somewhere that windows has a limit to the devices you plug in the usb port. if i remember correctly, it was 10 devices. i can't confirm that but the same issue happened to me a couple of years ago. i did uninstall some drivers and the korg driver worked.

and you are correct, i never had that issue with the mac.
Kcearl

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2016 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rammstein wrote:
i read somewhere that windows has a limit to the devices you plug in the usb port. if i remember correctly, it was 10 devices. i can't confirm that but the same issue happened to me a couple of years ago. i did uninstall some drivers and the korg driver worked.

and you are correct, i never had that issue with the mac.

Weird, Ill have to check that out...I definitely have more than 10 usb items connected. But theyre all in use and not redundant...Ive already maxed out 13 midi in/outs too so thats not an option.

Never had this trouble with other Korg gear and editors, seems strange they made this one so difficult.

Thx for answering
Kcearl

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2016 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The usb only taking 10 connections isnt right either...im already running more than ten with no problems except for the kross.

I know its a long shot but is there any M4L or contrl editors for it, cant find any??

Last edited by Kcearl on Wed Nov 02, 2016 12:10 am; edited 1 time in total
rammstein

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2016 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

would you, by any chance be using a yamaha midi driver?

when i had a similar issue a couple of years ago, i didn't want to reformat my pc, so i uninstalled one driver at a time, then reinstalled the korg driver to find out what was causing the conflict. the last driver i uninstalled before everything worked was the yamaha driver. what i did were:

1. uninstall both the yamaha and korg drivers;
2. install the korg driver first (at this point, my kross now is recognized by my PC);
3. install the yamaha driver while my kross was connected and active (just to make sure that it doesn't get bumped out by the yamaha);
4. reinstall all other drivers.

after that, i never had any issues connecting my gears.
Kcearl

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2016 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rammstein wrote:
would you, by any chance be using a yamaha midi driver?

when i had a similar issue a couple of years ago, i didn't want to reformat my pc, so i uninstalled one driver at a time, then reinstalled the korg driver to find out what was causing the conflict. the last driver i uninstalled before everything worked was the yamaha driver. what i did were:

1. uninstall both the yamaha and korg drivers;
2. install the korg driver first (at this point, my kross now is recognized by my PC);
3. install the yamaha driver while my kross was connected and active (just to make sure that it doesn't get bumped out by the yamaha);
4. reinstall all other drivers.

after that, i never had any issues connecting my gears.

I think yamahas about the only manufacturer I dont use...nearly all my gear's hardware, so it doesnt use drivers...only Maschine and Spark have drivers I think. My MS-20 mini has drivers as well. I'll try unistalling these tonight and reinstalling the Korg.

Thanks again for trying to help...
Kcearl

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2016 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nope no difference...but I notice that althought the editor recognises all my other midi and usb connections it doesnt see the MS20 either. Other than the initial windows driver I dont think the Korg drivers are being installed at all.

Not sure what to do if support wont answer my enquiry...I think the problem is with their installation..the MS20 doesnt show as a midi device in other software...Ive been using it connected to a eurorack so never noticed the usb driver problem before. I have a Karp odyssey so Ill see if thats a problem too.
Kcearl

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2016 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok its not working for the Karp either...none show up anywhere as usb devices.
Kcearl

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2016 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

solved it!!!

first go to device manager> view> show hidden

then delete all the ghost drivers first...then uninstall all the korg drivers

the run "regedit.exe" (without quotes), and then press Enter. Find the the KORG registry string (HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\KORG) right click and delete KORG folder.

Restart the computer.

Install drivers first

install editor

all working..
rammstein

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2016 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cool! Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> KORG Kross All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: