Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kaossilator Pro Computer Hookup Help

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Psytopsy

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2016 8:40 pm    Post subject: Kaossilator Pro Computer Hookup Help Reply with quote

Hello, i recently bought a used kaossilator pro and am completely new to how to hook it up to my computer and record with it. I want to hear it through my computer speakers(speakers hooked up via USB), and record the sounds i play. I'm not trying to use it as a midi controller, all i want to do is properly hook up my kaossilator and record the sounds coming out of it, either in audacity or presonus studio one artist.
I'm completely lost on how to do this, but i have the following hardware:
-male to male rca cable
-usb cord for kaossilator
-rca to 3.5 mm cable(have 1/4 adapter if need be)
-male to male 3.5 mm cable
-edirol audio capture ua-20 interface
-regular toshiba laptop

What combination of hardware/audio settings will allow me to properly hook up my kaossilator and hear it and record with it? Thank you!
OpAmp
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2016 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

The important point is that the USB cable to the kaoss is of no use in your case, as the Kaoss does not carry audio over USB (only MIDI events).
So the audio outputs of the Kaoss must enter in your PC someway somehow via an audio input.

So connect the RCA outputs of the Kaoss Pro to some audio input e.g.
* line-in of your laptop using an 2xRCA to 3.5mm stereo cable.
* the 1/4 inputs of the edirol, with an 2xRCA to 2x1/4 cable. (And the edirol connected via USB)

After that it is a matter of turning up the volume of the Kaoss and setting up correctly your audio interface (either the direct line-in/the edirol) on your laptop.

Bye.
ibrewalot

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2016 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

...or, connect the headphone out of the Kaossilator to the input of a device that connects to your computer like an AudioBox USB. That will give you 1/4" out of the phones jack of the Kaossilator to the 1/4" in of the Audiobox and the usb comes from the back of the Audiobox to the computer.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Audio / Visual All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: