Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Missing Demo/Sound samples for PBS-TRI

View previous topic :: View next topic  
nic_02

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 6:55 am    Post subject: Missing Demo/Sound samples for PBS-TRI Reply with quote

Hi everybody,

I've searched across the web but couldn't find any disks/files/offers containing the sounds/samples/pcgs for my PBS-TRI. I found some strange torrents but either the link ist broken or downloading stops. Is there any way of downloading them or anyone who has access to the original shipped 4 (?) floppy disks?
There's a file "tfdpb00s.zip" under "http://www.korg.co.uk/support/downloads/trinityoptions_dl.php" but the containing KSC and PCG docs don't fill the 64 -> 127 voices of my SOLO-TRI S bank and cannot serve the combinations of bank C & D. Program banks C & D seems OK.
Can someone help or give me a hint?
Thanks!
synthjoe
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the forum!

Try one of these links (have not tested them myself, but seem to be relatively credible, known sources) - make sure you take the necessary precautionary measures (virus scanning, copyright notice, etc.):

http://www.korg.co.uk/support/downloads/trinityoptions_dl.php
http://alchemist.sourceforge.net/downloads.html
http://membres.multimania.fr/musistr/korg/preload1.htm
This is a bit of a bulky one and might not download correctly, plus it could contain malware, but one of the most complete Trinity collections around.
Timo
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.infekted.org/Korg/TFD-00-Factory-PBS-set-incl-PCG.zip (1mb zip)

^ Above is the factory PBS-TRI PCM samples and PCG for C & D Program banks.

http://www.infekted.org/Korg/M1-DanceWavesDrums-Orchestral-Pianos.zip (21mb zip)

^ The above are also available from the EkoMusicGroup (subsidiary of Korg Italy).

They are four of the official Korg PBS-TRI PCM sample and PCG sets:

M1 Factory
Dance Waves & Drums
Orchestral Elements
Mega Pianos

Last edited by Timo on Mon Jan 02, 2017 1:16 am; edited 1 time in total
nic_02

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many thanks, synthjoe & Timo!

Got it!
Now I'll compare all CombiProgSoundSamples for reducing to one archive (with corrected scripts) and let you know.

Thanks again, great work.
Stevelands

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 10:40 am    Post subject: PBS-TRI. HDR-TRI, help with loading default Combis & Rel Reply with quote

PBS-TRI and HDR-TRI

Hi all, and sorry for the length of this post., it’s just that all of the questions are related...

PBS-TRI : General

I just purchased the PBS-TRI expansion from eBay with the 2 x ROM chips.
After a few attempts, all is well, an when the Trinity boots up it says ‘with PBS-TRI’ and when I press the ‘bank’ button I get banks A,B,C, and D now, for programs and combis.

So far, so good.

I found something on the Internet named ‘PBS_TRI DEFAULT’
that contained the following files and directories :-

[directories containing samples]

1RH_SAMP\
2RH_SAMP\
ACD_SAMP\
DRUMSAMP\
FM4_SAMP\
FM5_SAMP\
JAZ_SAMP\
PD4_SAMP\
PD5_SAMP\
PER_SAMP\

[files]

1RHYTHM.KMP
2RHYTHM.KMP
ACORDION.KMP
ALL_INST.KSC
EP_FM-4.KMP
EP_FM-5.KMP
EP_PAD-4.KMP
EP_PAD-5.KMP
JAZZ-ORG.KMP
PBS00P.PCG
PERC-ORG.KMP

I loaded ‘all_inst.ksc’ which is the Korg script file, that proceeded to load all of the sample files.

Very cool !Then, I loaded the PBS00P.pcg file.

But – ThePBS00P .pcg file seems to have loaded programs only into Banks C and D... no combinations, as Combi Banks C and D are still blank...
The new Bank C and D programs are arranged in groups : pianos, EPs, brass, guitars, basses, pads, et...and I also noticed that there were a few sounds repeated from Bank A and B i.e. some of the stock Trinity sounds were there in amongst the new sounds. Was that standard when the PBS-TRI expansion was first offered to the public, or were the sounds all new ?
How do I Send PCG Files to Bank C & D ???

I have a lot of PCG files that I have collected, but I cannot find a way when I load them to send them to banks C and D. They always go to A & B...

I thought “If there is a way to bulk move all the combis from Bank A & B to C & D then it would be fine”, but all I can see is that you can move combis one at a time ... very slow and tedious...does anyone have a solution to this i.e. either bulk move all combis at one time from A/B to C/D, or else tell PCG files to load to C/D instead of A/B?

Original Disks

Were there disks/files that originally came with the PBS-TRI expansion that cover all programs and all combis,and if so does anyone have them or know where to obtain them?

Is there an original disk out there that loads all four banks A,B,C and D ?

Other Questions

>Are there any PCG files that load directly to Bank C or Bank D?

>Is there a way to specify the destination (by bank) of any PCG that you load via floppy ?

>Is it any different if you have the HDR-TRI option installed ?

>That kind of leads into the next section ...

HDR-TRI Option

I’ve read the manual on this and it looks like a great way to have lots of PCGs right there on the Trinity. It raises the same question though. If you have say 100 PCG files stored internally on the hard drive of the Trinity, are you able to specify which bank you want to save them to?

File Transfer

Here’s another question – has anyone tried to directly connect the internal SCSI drive of a Trinity fitted with the HDR-TRI option directly to, say, a windows laptop or a Mac ? Because if you have all your PCGs stored on your PC or Mac, and the internal drive only has a SCSI connector and your Mac or PC does not have SCSI, how do you transfer files between your non-SCSI computer and the Trinity, other than one floppy at a time ? Which leads me on to the next question ...

Floppy Disk Issues

I’m using Windows 7 and Windows 8 – 64 bit - and I’m finding that floppies that have been read by either of those OS’s cannot be read by the Trinity. Conversely, I am finding that disks that are formatted by the trinity using Utilities > Format cannot be read – or re-formatted – by a Windows 7/8 64 bit machine...has anyone else struck this ? It makes it impossible at the moment to transfer info via floppies as my Mac will not recognise the external floppy drive that I use (Sony)...

I can’t get TriNitro to recognise it either and I’m not sure why, so I can’t use an external editor to move programs and combis around. On my Mac, I cannot get the MIDIQuest demo to recognise the Trinity either. I posted something a few months b about that. Thanks to everyone for the responses on that one. I can record using MIDI so I’m still mystified about why the Trinity can’t be recognised by third party editor programs.

I love my Trinity so much as a studio and live keyboard. I could never afford one when they first came out & I’m rapt to have one now, the sounds are mind blowing, even 15 years after they first came out.

I am getting a bit frustrated though, with the file and program management aspects of it. Hoping that it’s “user errors” i.e. caused by me not knowing what I’m doing ! :-/

I have a Wavestation A/D, Micro-X, N5, M50, and MicroKorgXL, and there is support all over the place for those...but it’s a bit harder to get help with the Trinity. It’s hard to understand that or why Korg haven’t come out with a dedicated Trinity editor – even after all this time - as it is such an epic board and still found in studios all over the world! Also weird to understand why on the Kronos, which has 9 sound engines, the ACCESS engine isn’t included ... (?) Anyway ...

Any help with any of these questions is much appreciated.

Thanks, and Happy New Year.
Timo
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 4:06 pm    Post subject: Re: PBS-TRI. HDR-TRI, help with loading default Combis & Reply with quote

Stevelands wrote:
How do I Send PCG Files to Bank C & D ???

Select a PCG file and press Open (not Load), then select Programs and press Open (not Load). This will navigate to a lower level. Select a bank, then select Load. It'll give you a choice of where to load the bank.

You can do the same for loading Combis into any bank by choosing Combis instead of Programs. To go back up a few levels just press Up instead of Open.

Stevelands wrote:
Original Disks

The factory PCG and PCG for new PBS-TRI owners can be found in the link I gave two or three posts ago:

http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=481713#481713

Quote:
Is there an original disk out there that loads all four banks A,B,C and D ?

If you're just looking for the factory presets for banks A & B, see here: http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=487387#487387

The second link in this post http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=481713#481713 gives you a further four PCM- and PCG-sets to load into your PBS. You can load these into your A, B, C, or D banks as you wish, given your new knowledge in being able to do so. Obviously you can only load one PCM set into your PBS at a time, though.

Quote:
>Is it any different if you have the HDR-TRI option installed ?

A HD is just a big floppy disk, so you'd still see just PCG, KSC, KSF, KMP files, etc.

You can load them to A, B, C, or D the same way as floppies.

Quote:
Here’s another question – has anyone tried to directly connect the internal SCSI drive of a Trinity fitted with the HDR-TRI option directly to, say, a windows laptop or a Mac ?

You can't transfer patches directly from PC to Trinity via the SCSI interface.

Quote:
Floppy Disk Issues

Not sure about this. I always format floppies via the Trinity, and Vista64 seems to read them ok.

Quote:
Thanks, and Happy New Year.

You too. Smile
Stevelands

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 4:34 am    Post subject: Thanks. Reply with quote

Thank You, Timo, I'll try all your suggestions when I get home. Cheers ! Smile
foxy

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2017 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would you please revive those links Timo .....or better still post them in the download section?
i fired up my Trinity after a year and found a dead battery and no sounds.

Eko music no longer list the Trinity and seem to have removed their download section. The web throws up all sorts of broken links and Korg.com only has the factory pre-load data.
Serves me right for not backing up nor forming my own archive.
Timo
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

foxy wrote:
Would you please revive those links Timo .....

Done, see original links above. Appears they were actually still on my webspace but either me or my ISP changed the file name casing and it happened to be case-senstive, my bad. Happy 2017. Smile
foxy

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Timo, both for posting and your speedy response.
I'm about to replace the battery but now find the FD drive isn't working so it's going to be a while 'till I can load these.
The Mega pianos etc look pretty straight forward as they're divided into disks but I'm scratching my head what to do with the files on the first link!

Thanks again.
Timo
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No worries.

foxy wrote:
The Mega pianos etc look pretty straight forward as they're divided into disks but I'm scratching my head what to do with the files on the first link!

The factory sample set (the first link) came free with the PBS-TRI, and was limited and much smaller than all the other sample sets, hence all the files on the first link all fit onto a single 1.44mb floppy disk. The set was only really used for demo purposes, whereas the M1, Pianos, Dance Wave & Drums, Orchestral etc. were all full commercial sets requiring multiple disks.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Trinity All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: