Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

ORIGINAL KORG TRINITY DISKS FILES and OTHERS

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Yancy

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2015 12:04 am    Post subject: ORIGINAL KORG TRINITY DISKS FILES and OTHERS Reply with quote

I've searched this great forum and have found some of the disks (files) I was looking for. I have moved, and many of my old disks didn't make it.

Edited Post, with help from this forum, able to relocate all disks. Thanks.

The Mind is Digital but the Soul is Analog
VegasGroove

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 4:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you share if & where you found a source for 2.4.1 OS installation disks? The online ZIP files don't seem to be extractable under windows 10.
Timo
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

VegasGroove wrote:
Can you share if & where you found a source for 2.4.1 OS installation disks? The online ZIP files don't seem to be extractable under windows 10.

Windows error N.5? Floppy can't be acceded?

It's a little arbitrary, but:

1) When you load up the Image files (the 'exe' called 241DISK1.exe, or 241DISK2.exe for creating the two disk images for installing OS v2.4.1, or 312DISK1.exe, or 312DISK2.exe in the case of OS v3.1.2 for MOSS-TRI owners) make sure you run the 'exe' files without having a floppy in the drive.
2) It will search, and come back with floppy not found
3) Now insert the floppy disk, and click retry.

If this does not work the first time, try it again. Sometimes it takes 3-4 tries.

If you get "Current image is not supported by the disk drive" and it's a USB floppy drive, remove it from USB port temporarily, and then reconnect and try again.

I can give you the files from the disks, but I'm not sure if invoking the EXE includes actively writing specific data to the boot sectors of the disks, which simply copying the files over to the floppy may not be able to replicate. The last thing I want to give you is a bricked Trinity due to a failed OS install.
VegasGroove

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 6:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Picked up an external USB floppy which will simply would not play nice with Windows 10 -no matter what- finally returned it after 3 days of banging my head against the wall.

Trinitro - seemed like an answer but I cannot successfully transfer PCG files to/from the Trinity. I always get the following 3 error messages in succession:
1) "MIDI data format error: data length wrong" pop up error
2) "MIDI EOX was expected but not received" pop up error w/a red X
3) the the "transferring MIDI data" progress bar pops up but then up pops "Tmeout: no response from the Trinity"

4) Sometimes followed by "Assertion failure: m_transferSize = = 0."

Sometimes I also get "the number of drum kits in this bank does not match the number of drum kits that your Trinity/Tr Rack can store. Adjust the pcg properties to be compatible" as the first error message also. Yet there are only 12 drum kits in the pcg.

The only thing that gets transferred are the first few characters of the name of the first program/combi being transferred. The rest of the name shows up as jumbled characters and the Trinity locks up until I reset the power. The programs/combis I was trying to transfer are not playable before or after the reset. But everything shows up just fine in Trinitro until I actually try to transfer it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Trinity All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: