Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Connect Korg Triton Extreme to PC

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton Extreme
View previous topic :: View next topic  
docilkyscratch

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 10:18 pm    Post subject: Connect Korg Triton Extreme to PC Reply with quote

May I begin by stating that I am a computer newbie and am using family to transcribe this message so please be patient with potential delays in reply. I am trying to connect my KTE to my PC to use it in a program like ScoreCloud Studio or MuseScore2 in order to produce sheet music. If you could enlighten me to the hardware cords or wires necessary for my PC and program to register the notes that would be ideal. Audio would be nice aswell but if its too technical a process I can do with the simple stuff. Thank you for any help you can provide, you have my full cooperation and appreciation Smile
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the forum.

A standard USB A to B cable should be all that is necessary to connect PC to the Triton Extreme and send/receive MIDI data but, before doing this, the Korg MIDI drivers, downloadable from the Korg website, will need to be downloaded and installed. The square end of the USB cable needs to go into the Triton Extreme connector labelled USB B. The flatter "A" connector goes to the PC USB socket. Try and use the same PC USB socket every time, since the drivers will be installed for every USB socket that is used and this can caus problems with Windows systems.

The software will then need to be configured to use the Triton Extreme as a MIDI device.

Download the Korg MIDI drivers from the Drivers section at:

http://www.korg.com/us/support/download/product/1/215/

Audio outs from the Triton Extreme can be connected to the Line-in on the PC audio card. In most cases, a cable having two 1/4" jacks on one end (for the Triton R and L/mono audio outs) and a 1/8" stereo jack on the other end to connect to the PC ("Line-in" on the PC is probably a pale blue coloured jack socket).

Audio in to the Triton Extreme from the PC would need the same cable as above, connected to the Line-out on the PC (probably pale green) and the autio inputs on the Triton Extreme.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton Extreme All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: