Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

User knobs for volume

View previous topic :: View next topic  
icarusi

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 5:43 pm    Post subject: User knobs for volume Reply with quote

There's a workaround in combi A027 Western Bar (knob 1). The gist is to patch in a 7 band EQ IFX set flat, with trim=0, mix=wet, source=knob 1(2,3 or 4) Amt=-100.

The knob operates from mid-way to fully clockwise, and on a patch change the particular sound level is always zeroed. The tweak can also be used to x-fade btween 2 sounds, as in the combi A027.
icarusi

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 12:11 am    Post subject: Re: User knobs for volume Reply with quote

icarusi wrote:
The tweak can also be used to x-fade btween 2 sounds, as in the combi A027.

Not really a x-fade, more a fade to zero at the centre point then a fade from zero for the 2nd sound.
icarusi

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I put a demo of the patch here:-

https://soundcloud.com/nobutsithee/apepstr

AP=acoustic piano EP=electric paino

https://soundcloud.com/nobutsithee/classical
smartech

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 2:42 am    Post subject: Re: User knobs for volume Reply with quote

icarusi wrote:
icarusi wrote:

Not really a x-fade, more a fade to zero at the centre point then a fade from zero for the 2nd sound.

Can you please teach me how to create sound that can be switch with knob or exp pedal? thanks before if you have literall book, manual or theory
icarusi

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 11:12 pm    Post subject: Re: User knobs for volume Reply with quote

smartech wrote:
icarusi wrote:
icarusi wrote:

Can you please teach me how to create sound that can be switch with knob or exp pedal? thanks before if you have literall book, manual or theory

Have you looked at combi A027? From memory they use a graphic eq fx set flat, and used the wet/dry control, assigned to a knob, to 'mix' between 2 sounds. It was 4 years ago and I only know that info from the first post.
smartech

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

does it need to create or save sound in program first? cause im try the same thing with another sound but not worked. if you look at the combi composition, you will find that the two sound (honky and violin) have a common in named. they have end with knob1. what point we must change to knob 1?
icarusi

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

smartech wrote:
does it need to create or save sound in program first? cause im try the same thing with another sound but not worked. if you look at the combi composition, you will find that the two sound (honky and violin) have a common in named. they have end with knob1. what point we must change to knob 1?

I don't have the Krome with me ATM, but I think I initially copied the A027 preset to an empty slot, then changed the sounds to my choice. I think later I figured it out, but can't recall the exact details other than it uses the 7 band eq as a volume control assigned to one of the knobs. The 'AMT=-100' suggests part is working in reverse (vs +100).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Krome All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: