Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Play Korg Krome live with old sounds from other keyboards?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
danyhell89

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 6:49 pm    Post subject: Play Korg Krome live with old sounds from other keyboards? Reply with quote

Good evening,

i'm new in this forum. I'm from Trieste, Italy.

I have a Korg Krome 61 .. I would like to use it as a unique keyboard for all my live shows. Is there a way to add to Krome sounds different combi from not compatible keyboards (es. Korg X50) and libraries/vst for recordings (es. Omnisphere, Nexus) ??

I heard about Kromatic, which allows you to load samples (combi?) from a wav file generating sounds to add to the Krome ... is that true? it's possible? I tried to download it, to read the manual but I did not understand anything, unfortunately, are a novice and not so good in the sound programming, I rely so much of combi presets ... but we would keep to have their own THOSE sounds on my Krome 61. :cry:

Any help/answer is welcome! Also have a minimum of tutorials on how to create various combi through Kromatic

Thanks so much! :wink:
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Krome can load and play M50 .pcg and .sng files with some limitations.

There are free downloads on the Korg website for sounds from the M1 and the Triton.

danyhell89

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="voip"]The Krome can load and play M50 .pcg and .sng files with some limitations.

There are free downloads on the Korg website for sounds from the M1 and the Triton.

.[/quote]

Yes i know... but i'm sorry, i don't care about it. I can't continue to play live with sound banks of 15-20 years ago :lol:
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

But 10 year old sounds are OK? (X-50).

danyhell89

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="voip"]But 10 year old sounds are OK? (X-50).

.[/quote]

That's not the point ;) I need max 2-3 sounds from my X50, not more..

Softwares like Kromatic, if they work and if it's possible to do as i've found written online, I would use to add sounds from external plugins such as Those Mentioned at the beginning (Omnisphere, nexus)!
Korgdude123

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 10:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Play Korg Krome live with old sounds from other keyboard Reply with quote

danyhell89 wrote:
Good evening,

i'm new in this forum. I'm from Trieste, Italy.

I have a Korg Krome 61 .. I would like to use it as a unique keyboard for all my live shows. Is there a way to add to Krome sounds different combi from not compatible keyboards (es. Korg X50) and libraries/vst for recordings (es. Omnisphere, Nexus) ??

I heard about Kromatic, which allows you to load samples (combi?) from a wav file generating sounds to add to the Krome ... is that true? it's possible? I tried to download it, to read the manual but I did not understand anything, unfortunately, are a novice and not so good in the sound programming, I rely so much of combi presets ... but we would keep to have their own THOSE sounds on my Krome 61. Crying or Very sad

Any help/answer is welcome! Also have a minimum of tutorials on how to create various combi through Kromatic

Thanks so much! Wink

Welcome to the Forum!

www.PureRelaxingMusic.com

Take a few minutes out of your busy day and give yourself the "You-Time" you deserve.

and hear the brand new track "A Journey Through C" recorded using only the notes of the C major Chord at

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SSn9dD5L47A
dfahrner
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kromatic is used to put .WAV samples into a format that can be loaded by the Krome, and combine these samples into multisamples that map the samples across the keyboard. Kromatic generates two files (META.IMG and SAMPLE.IMG) which are loaded by the Krome at power-on from an SD card, and then these new multisamples can be used by Krome programs. I don't think that Kromatic can load any kind of sample or multisample other that .WAV files, so the sounds you want to add to the Krome will have to be in that format, and then you'll have to put together multisamples that use them. Once you're able to do that and get them loaded into the Krome, you'll have to make new Krome programs that use the new multisamples, and new combinations that use the new programs.

The current version of Kromatic (4.7.1.1) works well, and does exactly what the manual says it does, but as you say, it's all very complicated. You should probably start by trying to make some new combis using Krome preset programs that are close to the older sounds that you want, and then edit the presets to make them sound even more like the older sounds - this kind of editing is described in some detail in the Krome manuals. Then see if you can do anything with Kromatic and your old sound WAV files.

If you're a novice at all of this, it is going to take you a long time to get the kind of results that you want. Good luck.

df
danyhell89

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you dfahrner for the comprehensive answer, unfortunately this my problem and my limit .. I am a novice, I've never done much of this kind of programming practice and despite Have read the manual trying to step program, I am still not able that I wanted to get that .. it would be very nice if I could find a video tutorial on how to create sounds and then import them on Krome...
danyhell89

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Solved! I contacted the author of the Kromatic software, and by my request he posted a great video tutorial how to use the program! here the link:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3r4bO-06-kY
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Krome All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: