Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Pa4X frozen in Live Gig
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
BR
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 9:45 pm    Post subject: Pa4X frozen in Live Gig Reply with quote

For the first time my Pa4X had frozen after performing about 8 months with it.

It was in the middle of a gig and heard a sound like Bipppp coming from Pa4X.
I did Panic operation (Shift + Start/Stop) but it did not cut of the sound.
I had to reboot the keyboard.

Very annoying and frustrating when it happens during the Live performance.
Anybody has any idea how to prevent or remedy this issue?
mintjamman
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's worrying Sad
Yamaha S90ES, Korg Triton Pro, EXB Moss, Roland XV5080, Korg EX8000, Korg Pa4x 76, Korg Kronos 88, Crumar MOJO, Logic Pro X, V Collection, Novation SL61,Vienna, Korg Pa4x , EC-5, Vienna, Arturia V Collection, Roland SC88 Pro, Roland D110, Alesis SR16, Alesis D4
AntonySharmman
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 12:29 am    Post subject: Re: Pa4X frozen in Live Gig Reply with quote

BR wrote:
Anybody has any idea how to prevent or remedy this issue?

Start with using any cheap UPS of about 100-200W !
You must never trust electricity net in gigs !

Keyboards : Steinway-D, Kronos X, Pa5X 76, Pa4X 76, Montage M7 , Roland-XV88, Emu3,Emax II,Synclavier II,Yamaha DX Series, ΟΒ-8V
D575
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 4:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did it resemble any think like this https://youtu.be/Zo6uzFfrRnw ??
BR
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 5:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

D575 wrote:
Did it resemble any think like this https://youtu.be/Zo6uzFfrRnw ??
Yes, exactly the same sound or noise. I had to turn it off.
Quote:

@AntonySharmman
Start with using any cheap UPS of about 100-200W !
You must never trust electricity net in gigs !

This happened after 8 months in the same club where I perform every week.
They have the pro sound system with a Pro technician. Many keyboards players perform there with different keys like Kronos, Motif,..etc.
I will take on consideration about buying a UPS.
D575
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 5:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have covered this here in a earlier thread http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=108597 but yes this is a concern as to what the root cause is which I have no idea (at this moment)...but my Patience is starting to run somewhat thin, you can see on my video link a comment that we are NOT the only one's having this problem i wonder just how many other PA4X owners out there are having this problem who may not of reported this on this forum ??? I would be very interested to here from any other PA4X owners out there who are having the same problems as shown in my video if you feel uncomfortable discussing this matter openly in this thread then do feel free to private message me here on this forum about this matter as I would like to here from you.

Last edited by D575 on Thu Feb 23, 2017 8:09 am; edited 3 times in total
mintjamman
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Talking of which how did you get on with Korg about this?
Yamaha S90ES, Korg Triton Pro, EXB Moss, Roland XV5080, Korg EX8000, Korg Pa4x 76, Korg Kronos 88, Crumar MOJO, Logic Pro X, V Collection, Novation SL61,Vienna, Korg Pa4x , EC-5, Vienna, Arturia V Collection, Roland SC88 Pro, Roland D110, Alesis SR16, Alesis D4
D575
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mintjamman wrote:
Talking of which how did you get on with Korg about this?
Good morning bob...as discussed in the previous thread and your help I'm still testing you could say, my feelings are at the moment if I have a 4th episode post my thread and the actions I have taken and pending some investigation and fact finding then i will follow the normal course and engage with korg but would like to understand more what others are encountering and the dynamics surrounding this duplicated lockup which others would seem to be having ....although I'm in the process of looking at a new PA rig with a friend I'm not confident just yet I could go out live with the PA4X and think it is important we here from others who are having the same problems....
shueymusic

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am using OS 1.2.1 and I had my first freeze. I was using the sequencer and when I hit record and ok for multitrack recording... it showed measure 26,342... the song was only 150 measures long in 2/4 time. The Pa4X froze... I had to reboot. It caused my thumb drive to have an error on it too.

Just scares me a bit. A solo or duo act that depends on the keyboard as a center piece it dead in the middle of the gig when the $3000 keyboard freezes.

Any thoughts?

Korg Pa4X
D575
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I should also say here I am now running OS 1.2.4 which is what korg would expect me to be in, but all my lockup incidences where in OS 1.2.1 ...I was initially holding back from installing OS 1.2.4 as are many others PA4X owners according to reports of problems, then after reinstalling a fresh version of the OS 1.2.1 offered by a helpful member on this forum after my thread with the video showing a complete lockup i have now decided to go with OS 1.2.4 and should this problem reoccur and I have to approach korg about this matter they won't shrug there shoulders saying "why are you not in the latest firmware OS 1.2.4" which im sure they would expect me to have installed so we are all singing from the same hymn sheet from there perspective.
mintjamman
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As yet I have not had a freeze up on a gig or rehearsal and I am still running OS 1. 2.1 and still have no plans to update the OS due to the various problems others have had which might be nothing to do with the latest OS but until we have more feedback on the causes of these freeze ups I cant afford to run the risk.
sargos2007

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 3:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For me it is blocking 3 times in scene with v 124. for 3500 euro hhhhhhh stupid
For the moment 4X bad case

The manufacturer has so far been slow to respond to the customers in terms of both address the problems and improve the cost-effectiveness of the machine
D575
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 4:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sargos2007 wrote:
For me it is blocking 3 times in scene with v 124. for 3500 euro hhhhhhh stupid
For the moment 4X bad case

The manufacturer has so far been slow to respond to the customers in terms of both address the problems and improve the cost-effectiveness of the machine
hi sagos2007 could you just confirm for me your "blocking 3 times" did this resemble the problem in this video https://youtu.be/Zo6uzFfrRnw??
sargos2007

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

With version 1.2.4 : the machine is stopped for the first time in scene when I have to change in speed between the variations 1 2 3 4 the result is a big noise and freeze
The pitch bend is fragile which sometimes calibration I do not know is the system or not
Now the machine is blocked on the boot korg pa 4x professional arranger, this is after factory reset I made an update with v 1.2.4 everything goes well at the level of the update it restarts with the boot then a Black screen, I made another update with version 1.1.3 the machine starts boot blocked in korg pa 4x proffesional arranger,
Korg.com for the moment not to launch reset factory
The music is my profession I take care of a family, that korg is necessary to waste our time, since a year I sulfur with this instrument at the software level
I am for the moment in morocco korg does not have an authorized techenical service to repair my instrument
I earn my life with music i am oblige to rent a machine to work
I am sorry friends for my english language i speak better french
D575
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Sargos2007 for you reply "BIG NOISE AND FREEZE" sounds like the conformation I was looking for, I'm very sorry too here your troubles sounds like you are having a very hard time considering the importance for you as a working musician trying to earn a living with the PA4X Professional Arranger Keyboard, Sargos2007 could I ask you without wanting to insult your intelligence here is there know way you can return your PA4X to the dealer or source from where you purchased it ? If not I would hope someone from Korg taking notes here would acknowledge your predicament and contact you and assist with your dire circumstances.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa4X All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 1 of 8

Jump to: