Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Korg N1 Midi channels

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Synths (General)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lenflav

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 6:13 pm    Post subject: Korg N1 Midi channels Reply with quote

Hi Team,

I would appreciate if you can help me out here.

I am using the N1 as a midi controller which drives the Kontakt 5 player in my Mac. I am using string libraries and each instrument is loaded as a rack in the player.

e.g
Port A
channel 1 - instrument 1
channel 2 - instrument 2

my N1 midi is setup similarly. However it is transmitting only from channel 1. How do I make it to transmit from all 16 channels at the same time?

thank you
LS
Joe Gerardi
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go into the General settings and set MIDI to OMNI- everything will transmit on all 16 channels.

But it sounds like you want different sounds on different channels. That's done in the Combi section. Set each part on a different channel, and you can set it to a different part of the keyboard as well, if you want.

..Joe
lenflav

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 4:58 pm    Post subject: KORG N1 Midi Channels Reply with quote

Thanks a lot for the help. Really appreciate it Joe. I will try out your recommendations.

I have some follow questions on this.

a. If i set every channel to Omni – then all channels 16 channels are sending the same MIDI data. If I have to send one MIDI channel at a time, how do I choose the respective channel. In the N1 display for MIDI – the grid showing the ports and 16 channels – I just move the cursor to the respective channel # and that locks in the channel – I guess.

b. Now – where do I adjust the controller values coming out of each channel – Volume, MOD wheel – etc? Is there a menu within N1 where I can adjust the values. The reason behind the question is that the volume is very low coming out of the N1 via MIDI when I control the V

Being fairly new to MIDI – please bear with my basic questions. I simply can’t follow the N1 midi implementation chart and overall N1 manual does not have enough info on MIDI.

Thanks
Len
lenflav

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 7:17 pm    Post subject: KORG N1 Channels Reply with quote

Forgot to ask this as well - to your earlier suggestion

"But it sounds like you want different sounds on different channels. That's done in the Combi section. Set each part on a different channel, and you can set it to a different part of the keyboard as well, if you want. "

how do I go about setting this in Combi section to achieve different sounds on different channels - appreciate your input.

thank you
Joe Gerardi
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Combi Edit menu. It's an option in there.

..Joe
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Synths (General) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: