Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

volca sample losing sync with beats

View previous topic :: View next topic  
orionb

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2015 1:08 am    Post subject: volca sample losing sync with beats Reply with quote

i have my volca sample getting sync from the beats, but it seems to be losing sync, and i can hear parts not matching up properly for brief moments.

am i doing something wrong? maybe i had the swing on still.... i will double check.

i have my volca bass getting sync from the keys, both of which are not synced to the beats & sample
sharksfin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2015 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

what volume do you have them set at?

i have to mine at a fairly low volume to avoid this happening
orionb

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2015 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

they are maxed out each

it seems better that way through my mixer, but i can try turning them down. and turning up gain/vol levels
chris-korg

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2015 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"volume" should not have any influence on Sync - they are not related.

Did you set the sync-polarity properly (global settings) - it seems that this is most of the time the main reason for sync-problems on the Volcas ...
Mk2 NL

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2015 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Make sure you use only STEREO mini jacks. In my experience, most issues are caused by using mono jacks in the Sync and/or Audio out ports.
orionb

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 3:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

all are set the same (unlit)

i noticed last night that it started occuring on the bass when peak was high and filter was opened the tempo increased rapidly and the LEDs showed the same, so not staying synced properly

beats -> sample -> keys -> bass

all using included stereo sync cables from volca boxes
Mk2 NL

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

do you also use stereo cables in the Audio out ports? I know it doesn't make sense but it did solve my sync problems
Frenzies

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chris-korg wrote:

Did you set the sync-polarity properly (global settings) - it seems that this is most of the time the main reason for sync-problems on the Volcas ...

Chris, I can agree with orionb. I have found problems with the bass going out of sync with the beats when there is a lot going on and the volume is high.

Moog Sub 37 - Arturia Microbrute - Roland Gaia SH-01 - Boss DR660 - Akai S1000 - Akai S01 - Yamaha RM1x - Roland SP-404SX

https://soundcloud.com/beardsound
orionb

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2015 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi yes, only stereo cables used for all bits in my setup

i have 4 mono 1/8" cables but i have not found a use for them

what i did was buy some female 1/8" TRS split into dual TS (left/right) plugs, which seem convenient with all the other 1/8" plugs in monotrons, ipad, iphone, etc...
jawshoeuh

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2017 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Frenzies wrote:
chris-korg wrote:

Chris, I can agree with orionb. I have found problems with the bass going out of sync with the beats when there is a lot going on and the volume is high.

wow, I almost can't believe it, but I can attest to this also.

I have had a Volca Sample for a while now and added a Volca Bass and Volca Keys yesterday.

while recording with them last night and getting to know them I would have intermittent sync issues where the tempo would go crazy, usually on the Volca Keys which was last in line in my chain.

I have been messing with sync polarity settings and different combinations of setups all day between Sample, Bass, and Keys and finally realized after reading some of these comments that if I left the volumes on all devices at 50% or under, I had NO SYNC ISSUES WHATSOEVER... as soon as I cranked volume all the way up on any device the sync would go crazy.

TL;DR: I think there must be some kind of signal bleed from the headphone out to the sync out at higher volumes that will affect the pulse and throw off the sync...?

I will probably get a midi splitter to run the clock from my DAW/controller to all the Volcas instead of just one of them, seems like a safer bet.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> KORG Volca Series All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: