Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Tats leaving Korg? This is Unofficial
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Koekepan
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If KORG wants to show musical dominance in the studio at this point, I would expect a bump in output quality.

At a guess, ability to deliver digital output with at least 24 bit, 96KHz resolution.

An improved sequencer interface with a combined pattern/arranger setup, where the patterns can be long enough to constitute a linear sequencer of themselves.

Lavish (and possibly expandable) synthesis engine options, with perhaps a sort of channel strip/effects option along the lines of something like Caustic.

Ideally, the ability to buy various components that add up to the workstation combination that you want. Lots of audio in and inline effects, for people recording the opera. Lots of directly automatable synthesis, effects and mixing for the studio troglodytes.

And MIDI-HD. Or OSC. Or both.
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

you should write to them.

I would not assume Korg reads the forum and listens to all the ideas
wma

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GregC wrote:
I would not assume Korg reads the forum and listens to all the ideas

intel modules like Edison Compute Module & Joule Compute Module & Quark permits korg to make a more portable high-end like- kronos or oasys , istead of using pc motherboard and pc power supply

would be nice if the forum owners add a sub-section for diy projects under The Creativity Section, maybe users can scratch up some ideas or their dream korg-keyboard in the future
billysynth1
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope they've teamed up with John Bowen and there is a Solaris in the next Korg (Hybrid) Work Station and all the knobs to go with it too Cool

Anyway, it's too late to wish for functionality now if a new workstation is coming out this year, if indeed there is something coming Crying or Very sad

Billy
I am a student of classical piano...I am not a classical pianist.
aron
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just drill a hole in it - put an LED behind this nu tube:
http://www.korg.com/us/news/2015/012212/#

Charge us $8K again - since people want so many features, just make it unaffordable except for the people that hardly gig.

You know the type - engineers - want every feature in the book on a keyboard so they can play "we are family" and "1999" on their weekend gigs that they make $25/person.

And of course, borrow from the Kross and make it RED.

Smile
John01W
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

aron wrote:

Charge us $8K again - since people want so many features, just make it unaffordable except for the people that hardly gig.

You know the type - engineers - want every feature in the book on a keyboard so they can play "we are family" and "1999" on their weekend gigs that they make $25/person.

Smile

Laughing
SanderXpander
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

aron wrote:

Smile

Hey. I play "We Are Family" and "1999"! Razz
John01W
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

New interview posted with Tats, it's dated Jan 17th:

sutekh

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 6:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't believe some of the negative things people have posted about "Tats". I don't know much about the inner workings of Korg, I just know they've always hit home runs but they've really been hitting them out of the park in recent years.

All I have is the Kross and the Minilogue- and I can't say enough good things about them both! Both combined cost much, much less than my Triton did back in the day and guess what- the Kross simply sounds better. There I said it- the Kross sounds way better than the almighty Triton, even though it has more limitations (no sampling, slightly less effects processing)

If you handed me a $30,000 rack-mount analog synth, I would sell it and buy a second Minilogue (and pay off my car and still have money left over) According to the articles "Tats" has been behind the push for affordable instruments for "the masses"- how can that possibly be a bad thing? I hope Korg continues in the direction they've been going recently.
chilly7
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

spaceman3 wrote:
Out of respect for a KORG and Tats.
I am not going to comment anymore on this subject here.
If someone creates a new topic on analogue vs digital on this forum, i will discuss it there. Smile

Well Korg started to make analog synths again so that is very good.
Hopefuly there will be more analog synths and improvements to them.
sutekh

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr NOYJ wrote:
For me the volcas, monologue, even the monotrons, certainly aren't toys - I'm primarily a guitarist, but compose electronic music, and have been enchanted by the compositional capabilities of all these little and not-so-little gadgets.

If you're open minded enough to frame it as such - and consequently work it into something usable - you can record, for example, a biro scraping along the side of tin can - *even that* has thus become a musical instrument.

The Minilogue is no toy either (well it is, but it's also an astounding instrument) I'm a newbie to analog synthesis, but I'm no beginner at keyboards and synths.

I guess it's a "beginner" analog synth cause there's no patch cables etc and it's very easy to work with. I'm sure there are plenty of limitations compare to a gigantic rack system, but it sounds incredible to my ears, and it opened up a whole extra universe for me.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Latest News All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7

Jump to: