Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

For a short while the price of a Kronos went down.
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
laurance

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Pa4x is selling very well, but it took it's best lower price before the NEW TYROS appeared (not every one can have 2 flagship arranger on the same time)

the KRONOS is another story, the price drop is not normal, (from 3299€ to 2600€ for the 61 notes) while the best lower price in Europe was 2999€

Time will tel ...
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

laurance wrote:

the KRONOS is another story, the price drop is not normal, (from 3299€ to 2600€ for the 61 notes) while the best lower price in Europe was 2999€

Time will tel ...

I think you need more data.

You should call Thomann and ask them how many Kronos they have in stock

Another thing- retailers that support the Korg lineup ( like Thomann) are going to get a heads up on a product transition.

I am doubtful of any big change in the near future, lets say 30/60 days
laurance

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 4:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

At thomann is ou of stock, same at music store.de, even in U.K. Biggest internet store, in many French music stores (at the same lower price)

I'm talking about 61 notes keyboard

There won't be a new model only if the price goes up again
fcoulter

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

laurance wrote:
At thomann is ou of stock, same at music store.de, even in U.K. Biggest internet store, in many French music stores (at the same lower price)

I just checked Sweetwater and Sam Ash (both in the United States). The price is unchanged. Sweetwater says they have limited quantities of the 61, but the other two are in stock. Sam Ash says all three are in stock. ("Limited quantities" can mean either they're low on stock, or that they want to artificially create demand. After all, if you don't buy it RIGHT NOW, you might not be able to buy it at all.)

Also, when I went to my local Sam Ash last year, they only had the 88 key on the floor. It might be that they sell a lot more of the bigger keyboards, and therefore just don't stock as many as the smaller ones. Why tie up lots of capital in keyboards that don't move as quickly.

The reduction in stock may also be due to concerns about the economy. If the European economy tanks, then the sales of high end keyboards will also tank. Given the headlines (BREXIT, Greek debt, France and Italy talking about exiting the Euro, etc.), the lowering of prices may be an overreaction to concerns about the direction of the European economy. (I am NOT predicting a crash in the economy; I am discussing possible overreactions by other people who are concerned about a crash. )

Also, if one retailer lowers their prices, then other retailers have to follow or else the savvy consumer will only buy from the place with the lower prices. So if one retailer has a reason to dump stock, then other retailers will respond by lowering their prices.

Korg: Kronos2 88
Other: Tyros 5 76, DGX-650, YPT-320, Fretted Clavichord, Upright Piano, DX-7, SY-99, eMu MPS (last three in attic)

RCM Certificates: Advanced Rudiments
fcoulter

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

laurance wrote:

The 61 note version will be back in stock next Friday. They are still taking orders.

Other: Tyros 5 76, DGX-650, YPT-320, Fretted Clavichord, Upright Piano, DX-7, SY-99, eMu MPS (last three in attic)

GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fcoulter wrote:
laurance wrote:

I just checked Sweetwater and Sam Ash (both in the United States). The price is unchanged. Sweetwater says they have limited quantities of the 61, but the other two are in stock. Sam Ash says all three are in stock. ("Limited quantities" can mean either they're low on stock, or that they want to artificially create demand. After all, if you don't buy it RIGHT NOW, you might not be able to buy it at all.)

Also, when I went to my local Sam Ash last year, they only had the 88 key on the floor. It might be that they sell a lot more of the bigger keyboards, and therefore just don't stock as many as the smaller ones. Why tie up lots of capital in keyboards that don't move as quickly.

The reduction in stock may also be due to concerns about the economy. If the European economy tanks, then the sales of high end keyboards will also tank. Given the headlines (BREXIT, Greek debt, France and Italy talking about exiting the Euro, etc.), the lowering of prices may be an overreaction to concerns about the direction of the European economy. (I am NOT predicting a crash in the economy; I am discussing possible overreactions by other people who are concerned about a crash. )

Also, if one retailer lowers their prices, then other retailers have to follow or else the savvy consumer will only buy from the place with the lower prices. So if one retailer has a reason to dump stock, then other retailers will respond by lowering their prices.

your legwork reinforces my opinion that the K2 will not be replaced anytime soon.

I bet the K2 is selling reasonably well for a high priced keyboard- in the US- Korgs biggest marketplace by a multiple.

which is why US dealers don't have to play the ' lowest price in town ' game.
They can actually turn a decent profit if demand is strong/steady.

And if we accept all these appearances, Korg knows that the longer they support the K2, the more money they can literally print. I bet they are extremely efficient on the K2 manufacturing side. And if component prices are slipping, they are running to the bank every day.

Thats capitalism.
Kronos2ison

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2017 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

K2-61 key manufacturing is spot on perfect in 2017. My 1st gen K1-61 from 2012 had a lot of quality control issues. A few keys would make a creaking spring noise. End caps would scratch easy, very soft cheap plastic. Fan noise, slow boot times, slight delay in large piano samples. Touch screen a little temperamental.

But pricing I think it's based on who you talk to and how you barter. I just bought a brand new sealed K2-61 for $2150 shipped, no tax and I had 2 big name Music stores at the same price. I also could have bought a new 61 Montage for the same price. Plus right now Musician's Friend has 16% rewards with Back Stage Pass. and $2150 would get you $342 store credit to buy anything you want. Smile So talk to a few people from each Music Store and see how good of a deal you can manage.

My advice don't even bother with Sweetwater they will not deal or match prices. My big 2 places are Guitar Center in store "not online". Talk to a manager they are hungry to make a big sale and Musician's Friend extension x2162 Jessica. She will hook you up. Now deals go up and down and what I paid might not be possible again or maybe it better. Like if you can get $2300 + 16% cashback $400with stage pass. Then that is an outstanding deal.
fcoulter

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wasn't recommending buying from Sweetwater. I was just using it as a touchstone of what the pricing trends are like in the United States.

Many times you can get stuff cheaper than the big stores, and the online stores. My DX7 (all those many years ago) was grey market, at a savings of several hundred dollars. My Tyros 5 was probably a grand cheaper than the online stores.

One reason to go with the more expensive online stores is IF they're offering great financing terms AND you don't have the cash to buy all at once. If you've got the cash, definitely shop around.

dfahrner
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kronos2ison wrote:
...My 1st gen K1-61 from 2012 had a lot of quality control issues. A few keys would make a creaking spring noise. End caps would scratch easy, very soft cheap plastic. Fan noise, slow boot times, slight delay in large piano samples. Touch screen a little temperamental...

A different experience with 1st generation versions: the only problems I've had with my 61, 73, and 88 were fan noise (fixed with the installation of Noiseblocker BlackSilentFans) and the 88's early RH3 keyboard (fixed with the installation of the updated key contacts). This was all a few years ago, too, and other than that I've no problems: no creaking keys, no scratched end caps, no delay in piano samples, no "temperamental" touch screen, no other quality control (or any other) issues. Boot time may be slightly faster with the K2, but the reported 15-20 second improvement (in a 2-3 minute boot time) doesn't seem like a big deal...

df
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Latest News All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: