Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Bass-Drum Transpose issue

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa2XPro - Pa800 - Pa500
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wade21

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 5:03 am    Post subject: Bass-Drum Transpose issue Reply with quote

Hi, I want to ask about something about header. While right hand plays drum left hand plays bass, in this situation I want to transpose only BASS but I dont know how to make it... When I hit transpose button bass and drum kit effect together. Is there any way only transpose for bass and drum kit stuffs will be same...

Thansk for answers
siebenhirter
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Bass-Drum Transpose issue Reply with quote

wade21 wrote:
.. While right hand plays drum left hand plays bass, in this situation I want to transpose only BASS but I dont know how to make it...

Playing that manner you described it would be better not to use transpose buttons but using Bass-Sounds pre-selected with transpose-ranges you want to use.

To do so use soundeditor for Bass-Sounds to be prepared for transpose and change transpose-parameter of each oscillator. You find this parameter with Sound Edit / Osc Basic to adjust the pitch of the selected oscillators in semitone steps over a range of ±1 octave.

This way differently transposed stored sounds can be used with drum-kits - but there is no way to use transpose-buttons for different transposition between lower (bass) and upper (drumkit) sounds.

Interesting facts about styles and stylePlayer functions can be found at http: www.elmarherz.de
wade21

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 6:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First of all I really thank you for reply about my question.

1. I learnt that I can't use transpose buttons for this situation. I was wondering about this firstly. Because it is easy way if we could...

2. Actually I am not expert about Sound menu. As I check I understood this: I will adjust each 12 notes with different transposes and I will record these sounds in different places. So when I need C# (for example) I will choose this sound in memory. Am I right? If I understand wrong please can you write me some details?

Regards
siebenhirter
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wade21 wrote:
.. can't use transpose buttons for this situation .. I am not expert about Sound menu .. .

Does not matter to be no expert - changing transposition of sounds is easy to learn. A sound (better call it a program) consists of one or more oscillators, each using one (or two multisamples). You can change oscillators-parameter "Transpose" in step of halftones, to get transposed oscillators - to be done with all existing oscillators of an program with the same amount of transposition, you get a transposed program.

Seems to be bettter to make an example, maybe using "Finger Bass2" of your Pa500 (PrgChg 121.006.033):

Use this sound with your sound editor and you can see (in Basics) this Sound is using two Oscillators. Got to pane "OSC Basic" with Osc1 (marked upper right first position 1). Now change transpose to "1" (so first Osc is transposed to +1), select second Osc (mark upper second position 2 and display will change to edit Osc2) and change selected Osc2 to Transpose also to "1".

So also second Osc it transposed +1. Now press arrow in display upper right side, press "Write Sound", rename Sound (maybe FingerBass2+1), select User-Sound-Bank and Sound, press Ok until your Sound is written as FingerBass2+1. Now you have created a sound (program) which is transposed one Semiton higher than FingerBass2.

That manner you can create same sound (or each Sound) with parameter "Transpose" changed to +2, +3 ... +12 also -1 ... -12 to get transposed sounds you want to use, saved as user-sounds. It is important to change transpose parameter of each oscillator of a sound, because sounds often use more than one oscillator that should be transposed with same value to not sound terrible.

PS: If you use Programs like "PickBass2", which uses four oscillators you need not to transpose oscillators number 4, because that uses multisamples "EBass Noise2" - as you could see (hear) it is a noise, that need not to be transposed.

Interesting facts about styles and stylePlayer functions can be found at http: www.elmarherz.de
wade21

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you so much friend. I read your post again again with my poor English Smile and I almost understood what you mean and your example really helped me... This information was important for me.

Grateful
siebenhirter
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 11:02 am    Post subject: Sound-Edit Pa500 Reply with quote

wade21 wrote:
Hi friend, you gave me good information about Bass-Drum transpose. Thanks again. I think you are good about Sound menu. I wonder something and I hope you help me.

I want to control a sound with pitchbend such as: when I pull the pitchbend down (I think X-) I want to control velocity of sound. While I play without pitchbend normal velocity sound and when I pull down slow slow velocity (sound volume) will be down too. I hope I could tell you my request. Sorry about my English

If you want to use Joystick-Y to control velocity of sound, look to examples of programs PopSynth1,2,3,4,5.
To do same using your programs with sound-editor, menue "AMP" / "AmpMode" / "AmpModulation" / "AMS" = Joystick-Y, Intensity = -99.

So you get minimum of AmpModulation in case moving Joystick down
(in case you want maximum set Intensity to +99).

In case your program consists of more than one oscillator do not forget to set Intensity in each of the oscillators.

Tip: in case you have a program consisting of two significant oscillators, try to set ones Intensity to -99 and set others oscillator Intensity to +99.

Or test what happens if you set Osc1 to Joystick-Y, Intensity -99 and set Osc2 to Joystick+Y, Intensity +99 - Just to get to know what can be done with just changing a parameter in the sound editor.
PS: Sorry to send you my message that way, but the administrator has prevented me from sending private messages (but do not know why).

wade21

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you so much friend again.
You solved one question in my mind...

I didn't want to write my question in this subject to not make dirty main topic. So I prefered to write you private. But no problem If you can't send private message maybe some people need this information about Sound Menu as well.

Regards

Applause Applause Applause
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa2XPro - Pa800 - Pa500 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: