Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Start up Issue

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Forrestgarner

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2016 12:54 am    Post subject: Start up Issue Reply with quote

I love my Krome and it has served me beautifully for close to three years now. I finally invested in a nice hard gator case to protect my baby literally last week, went to my gig practiced with the band before with no start up issues. When I got to the venue the 4 white lights on the mod stick would flicker and not start, touch screen never starting. I figured at the time there wasn't enough power being supplied due to all the other amps we had plugged in the area so I wasn't worried. Today tried to start it again at home where I've never had an issue and again would not start. This time however the 4 white lights on the mod stick are blinking not flickering and turning off. I'm hoping maybe it's just a power supply problem??? I once had a power supply issue where it was broken but the board wouldn't react at all, and I can't find anything on these forums about what I'm describing. Please help this thing is my baby and I'm sure my warranty didn't last this long!! Sad((((
CowboyNQ

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2016 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've never heard of that problem either but I can tell you that the power supply for my Krome gave up the ghost after I'd used it regularly for about 2 years. But no blinking of flashing lights - it just died completely. These days I carry a spare, I can't have that happen to me again during a gig.

Best advice is take your keyboard to the mechanic.
KromePlayer

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just thought I'd give you a heads up and warning if this happens to you. A user said on a previous post that he had an issue with his Krome where. When he turned on the keyboard a flashing light would come on the Joystick and the main board would not work.
This happened to me this week during a gig, luckily I lent a keyboard for the gig which worked out for me. I though my keyboard was broken but this was not the case. My power supply to my keyboard went. You CAN"T use a normal 12.v power supply as it a special adapter is used from Korg.
If this happens to you it means you need a new power supply. In future I am going to have a spare in case this happens again. It has been a stressful few days to say the least. [/b]
dfahrner
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KromePlayer wrote:
...You CAN"T use a normal 12.v power supply as it a special adapter is used from Korg.
If this happens to you it means you need a new power supply. In future I am going to have a spare in case this happens again. It has been a stressful few days to say the least.

The "special" part of the Korg adapter is just the plug, and the matching socket on the Krome...the socket on my Krome broke early on, so I replaced it with a 5.5 / 2.1 socket so that I could use a standard power adapter with a 5.5 / 2.1 plug - that's the most commonly available one, in the USA anyway...see: http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=97672&highlight=

df
KromePlayer

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the advice dfahrner, I may look into that for future reference. Is it hard to do ?
dfahrner
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not hard if you know how to use a soldering iron and can remove and solder parts on a printed circuit board...the new socket that I used fit into the holes on the board that the Korg part used - hopefully that's a standard footprint for this kind of power connector (?)...obviously, you do have to open up the Krome and remove some cabling and the circuit board, again not a big deal if you know how to do electronic work...

df
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Krome All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: